Senior Regulatory Product Compliance Manager – Treasury
We’re looking for a Senior Product Compliance Manager to work cross functionally across our growing Regulatory Product Compliance and Treasury teams. This role is hands-on, a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a Product Compliance Manager and make sure we keep our customer’s money safe.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the World’s first platform to offer true international multi-currency accounts. Your mission is to work with our Treasury team to ensure that we remain compliant with our safeguarding and custody regulatory requirements globally, whilst enabling us to continue launching exciting new products and features.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing
Enable Product Launches, acting as a subject matter expert on safeguarding regulations
- Work with Regulatory Product Compliance regional team members and Product teams to identify key regulatory blockers, issues and/or interpretation points regarding new product developments and deliver solutions
- Develop an escalation framework for product teams to escalate queries and receive timely input and feedback
- Work as part of a global team, building good relationships with regional Compliance Officers and supporting them with regulatory notifications & external reporting in relation to Safeguarding
- Assess the materiality and risk related to specific incidents and assist product teams in responding with the requisite urgency
Remediation & Improvement projects
- Work with Treasury Product to drive remediation projects in response to periodic audits and testing
- Identify key regulatory priorities given regional risk exposure and use this to motivate and prioritise the most important fixes
- Advising on regulatory risks by mapping our control environment to regional regulatory obligations
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Grow your hands-on Fintech knowledge at full speed
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Keep compliance right at the heart of the product development cycle, in a fast-moving environment and be empowered to identify ‘regulatory problems’ and take a lead in the solution design and implementation
A bit about you
- You have Financial Regulation advisory experience in a Compliance/Legal department, Risk and Controls function, Finance function, or in a consultancy/law firm environment
- You have deep knowledge of safeguarding regulatory obligations for payments firms as articulated in the revised Payments Services Directive (PSD2) and the Payment Services Regulations 2017 and Electronic Money Regulations 2011
- You are customer obsessed, meaning you go deep into understanding them, identifying where to alleviate pain points and deliver empathy
- You’re always up for the challenge of analysing interpreting complex regulatory frameworks and apply them effectively
- You’re able to work effectively with, and unblock Product Managers and Engineers and provide practical, actionable, and value added recommendations
- You can roll up your sleeves to solve complex problems through using regulations together with data to drive business decisions
Some extra, but not mandatory experience
You have a good understanding of Product Management principlesYou have experience working in Fintech and interpreting regulatory requirements in multiple jurisdictionsKnowledge of safeguarding obligations in non-UK/EU jurisdictions is also plus
- Base salary: £82k – £108k gross / year base (based on experience & interview outcomes)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): https://www.wise.jobs/what-we-do/our-offer/
- Including our London office perks: https://www.wise.jobs/2020/07/07/benefits-in-our-london-office/
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.