Senior Product Manager – Treasury Ledger
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Treasury team in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise's mission, and build the engine that powers the revolution, Money without Borders
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Treasury team
- You will be accountable for the Treasury ledger which is the basis for all FX and liquidity management data
- You will develop reasonable processes, controls and products that enable us to
- Onboard product changes to the ledger safely and quickly
- Continually monitor ledger health and accuracy
- Provide real time metrics and positions to Treasury teams
- You will work with the ledger team to define the long term vision for Treasury ledger
- You’ll work with engineers and analysts to quantify the health of the ledger in terms of accuracy, availability and real timeliness
- You’ll identify the most impactful opportunities for us to improve ledger product, controls and processes
- You’ll get to know our product flow of funds well and how they impact liquidity and FX
- Where possible you will automate controls and processes so that we can continue scaling
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Impact all of Wises customers – everything you do will impact millions of people across the globe
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- You’ll have the opportunity to travel and work with our teams in Tallinn, Austin and Singapore as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Grow as a product person and a leader – Grow and inspire your team and others to join our mission
A bit about you
- You are a seasoned Product person with experience of inspiring others and with the ability in building products where there’s high degree of ambiguity on what to build in order to drive growth or mitigate risk
- You’re hands on, and you’d do everything needed to make the team and the product successful. You get it done by thinking strategically and executing tactically
- You understand financial engineering and can clearly articulate and optimise trade offs between financial risks
- You are hands-on with data and enjoy coaching analysts and supporting developers in prioritising technical debt and bugs versus building new features
- You have empathy for your customers and can quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions)
- You have a record of managing data platforms or back end services
- You’re not afraid of learning skills you don’t know yet to unblock yourself and your team. You don’t stick to a “by the book” product lead role definition.
Beneficial, but not mandatory experience
- Finance, Payments or Treasury experience particularly in Liquidity and FX or familiarity with accounting terminology and frameworks
- Experience of building controls on financial data and working with real time data needs
- Experience with using SQL
- Base salary: £83.000 – £110.000 gross / year base (based on experience & interview outcomes)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): https://www.wise.jobs/what-we-do/our-offer/
- Numerous amount of other benefits: https://www.wise.jobs/2020/07/07/benefits-in-our-london-office/
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.