Purpose of the role:
Developing and building AML operations and developing the ownership and leadership in the team. Ensure efficient and high quality financial crime mitigation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Developing AML team leads and supporting them in building strong teams.
- Develop leadership and independence within team leads and subteams.
- Continually measuring, monitoring and improving overall performance of the AML operations teams (KPIs) and providing regular feedback to teams/team leads and providing visibility on company initiatives.
- Manage the team’s operations and processes, participate in budget management.
- Ensure planning of team capabilities, skills and capacity development, including key areas such as processes, quality assurance, regulatory compliance and workforce management ownership.
- Lead significant cross-team projects requiring material decisions and content contribution as well as project management.
- Manage recruitment and strategic placement of required staff across teams, establishing and developing organisational structure.
- Actively and positively collaborate with central operational functions (e.g. Knowledge Management team, Workforce Management team) to improve the overall performance of the organisation.
- Ensuring development, documentation and regular updating of necessary work procedures.
- Supporting risk aware culture within AML operations, guaranteeing secure and compliant general operational processes as well as relevant teams alignment.
- Working closely with other operations teams to develop areas that affect the whole AML and the Financial Crime tribe, or other relevant teams; and align with them on overall vision.
- Act as an escalation path for internal and external partners.
- Contributing to definition, scoping and execution of long term plans and objectives, in coordination with the relevant Product teams, and other relevant internal or external stakeholders.
- Experience of working in an AML operations, or very similar operational environment.
- Independent, proactive and self-directed;
- Proven track record of taking individual ownership and responsibilities;
- Ability to initiate, prioritise and take responsibility;
- Excellent organisational skills and strong cross-team cooperation and communication skills;
- Ability to analyse, forecast and move team’s metrics;
This job description does not form part of any employee’s contract of employment and it may be amended at any time.
PS! If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English. In your cover letter please explain what you would bring to the AML team as a Senior Team Lead. Please note that an application without a cover letter will not be considered!
What do we offer:
- Salary: 1,240,000 HUF gross/month
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our Budapest office
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.