We’re building a scalable, high performing platform for our 16 million customers. And we’re looking for Software Engineering graduates to join us on our mission.
Wise is a global technology company, building the best way to move and manage the world’s money.
Whether you’re sending money to another country, spending money abroad, or making and receiving international business payments, Wise is on a mission to make your life easier and save you money.
Since it was founded in 2010, 5,000+ people work at Wise, from 125 nationalities, in 17 global locations. Check out how it’s like working here.
You’ll be part of Wise’s global mission to build an open, fair, and human financial system – to make money without borders the new norm. Because people without borders need money without borders.
How you will contribute to the Engineering team:
- You will help shape and build our product’s future
- Work cross-functionally in squads who are vital to driving the mission of our business forward
- Create clear and helpful interfaces, whilst maintaining consistency, maintainability and performance
- Understand the challenges our customers face and set out to solve them
- You will have flexibility in how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different – so we’ll do our best to make it happen, but we recommend coming to the office as much as possible in your first months!
What does it take? These things are a must:
- You are graduating in 2023 or 2024 from a Bachelors or Masters degree. This might be in Computer Science, or any other STEM subject
- You are able to start a full time graduate job in September 2024
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and software design
- A self-started side project(s) that you are proud to talk about
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- You believe in and follow best coding practices and code reviews
- You are open to and value feedback in order to improve
- Familiarity of data models with SQL
- Knowledge of working with RESTful Web Services
- A basic knowledge in modern web technologies and a strong interest in web development
- Eligible to work in Budapest
And these would be great, but aren’t essential:
- Experience in web or microservice development, from a previous internship or project
- A strong product mindset and passion for user experience. You prioritise work with customers in mind, and make data-driven decisions to fix customer pain-points
…Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to know everything!
In your first 6 months:
- You’ll onboard with the global Graduate cohort in one of our offices and learn the basics of being a Wiser
- Understand how engineering works at Wise and what each team and tribe does. From Fraud to Anti Money Laundering teams – there are lots! Don’t worry, we’ll help you get acquainted through our WiseStart Engineering Bootcamp
You’ll spend some time understanding your team and tribe’s vision
- Understand the Wise domain
- Understand the problems your team are solving
- Understand the tech culture, the detail of the tech stack and how we build stuff. We work in autonomous teams, on different stacks so you’ll need to understand the details
What you get back:
- Have a real impact. Solve real customer problems
- Lots of team activities
- Salary from gross 800,000 HUF with an RSU package and additional benefits
- Fun offices with social activities – have a sneak peak of our Budapest office!
- Embrace global connection during Mission Days
- Be part of a global team with a global mindset
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.