Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 16 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And we’re looking for a Platform Engineer – SRE to join our team in London.
For our customers, using Wise should feel as simple as sending a text message. Yet behind our app and website lies a complex, one-of-a-kind engine of currencies and routes that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still a lot to figure out, and we can’t do it alone. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise Mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
The team you’ll be working with: SRE
The SRE team’ mission is to focus on engineering-wide reliability problems at Wise. We set the reliability standard we expect of our hundreds of microservices to achieve, we do this via libraries, tooling, documentation, consulting and hands-on contribution.
As we scale we continue to push our teams to run autonomously. They are closest to our customers, so they’re empowered to decide what to prioritise and deliver, without being told what to do by leadership. This means they can move fast and run multiple projects at the same time.
At Wise we split our time between the office and home focusing on using the most appropriate place for our activities. Think about coming together in person for events which focus on coaching, community and collaboration.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Team
- You’ll be working with product and platform teams to tighten the loop between the two
- Identify potential reliability issues before they impact our customers
- Measure our reliability to help teams make data-driven decisions
Is that you?
- Experience of Incident Management and enjoy troubleshooting
- Experience in implementing SRE principles, understand the differences between SLI/SLO/SLAs
- Good Java knowledge, experience with relevant application frameworks e.g. Spring
- Knowledge of architectural concepts such as microservices, service mesh
- You’re passionate about helping others and keen to roll up your sleeves and take ownership to drive company-wide impact
Nice to Have
- Experience of cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Containerisation technology and orchestration platforms e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Understanding and knowledge of different tiers of storage
- Experience working in regulated business – PCI etc
- Have experience of capacity planning as well as performance and load testing
- Basic sysadmin skills in debugging issues with disk, network, app/JVM performance etc
What does success look like?
- You’ll be building and maintaining the infrastructure and foundation of the technical parts of Wise
- You’ll ensure we have our services up and running so product teams can work efficiently
- You’ll understand our customers and the impact our product makes in their lives
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and tribe vision and how you can contribute
- You’ll also have found your place in our mission and you understand our values and how they can guide you doing your best work
- You help Wise achieve its mission by building on one of the key foundation technology layers at the heart of our platform.
What do we offer:
- Starting salary: £80,000-£115,000 + RSU
- Numerous great benefits in our London office
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
Interested? Find out more:
- 👀 How we work – a practical guide
- 📹 Engineering team blog
- 💻 Scaling our Infrastructure; how we make it work
- 💻 The Wise Tech Stack, 2022 edition
- 📈 Our Engineering career map
…or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.