Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies in more than 170 countries. Our 16MM customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Moving forward, we’re looking for a Deputy AMLCO to join our growing FinCrime Oversight Team in Brussels, and work alongside our AMLCO. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission and help save millions more people money. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting in the effective mitigation of financial crime risks through the maintenance of adequate systems and controls, with the mission to support the AMLCO of Wise Europe.
Oversight of the implementation of the Belgian AML law:
- Ensuring that the controls environment is in line with the Belgian AML Law and ancillary guidance, via the advice and challenge given to the first line teams of Wise
- Proactively identify key risk areas of risk and work collaboratively with first line teams in the development of mitigation plans
- Ensuring that the horizon scanning process is robust and overseeing the implementation of upcoming regulations
- Ensuring that Wise Europe financial crime and sanctions policies are in line with the local requirements, kept up to date and that training is fit for purpose
Reporting to the governing bodies of Wise Europe:
- Assisting in the preparation of the financial crime monthly report to the Effective leaders of Wise Europe
- Assisting in the preparation of the quarterly compliance report to the Board of Wise Europe
- Assisting in the management information reports provided to the various governing bodies of Wise Europe in relation to Wise Europe’s correspondent activities
Lead the financial crime oversight team:
- Lead the team of financial crime oversight managers.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Deliver compliant and secure service to our customers
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone that’s an expert in fincrime compliance, and passionate about adding value and delivering a compliant and secure product that changes the financial lives of customers in the EEA. You should have:
- 5+ year experience in the AML second line is a must;
- Previous experience being in touch with regulators/NBB;
- Experience and ability to analyse and apply AML regulatory requirements to certain products and workflows and define how these specific requirements affect Wise
- Ability to work independently;
- Great communication skills to collaborate with other stakeholders;
- High attention to detail and feedback in order to prepare flawless and accurate regulatory reports;
- Ability to self-organise and set priorities, manage multiple deadlines for regulatory reports;
- Fluent in English
- Dutch and/or French speaking are a plus
What do we offer:
- 💰 Starting salary: 7000 EUR/ month
- 📚 700 EUR personal development budget/year
- 🍛 Daily meal vouchers
- 🚎 Transportation contribution for bus or bike
- 💎 RSU: Company Restricted Stock Units
- Hybrid and Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible.
- 🏝 28 annual paid annual holiday + sick days + parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 💚 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
- 🌍 Working remotely from almost anywhere in the world for up to 90 days/year
- More details about our Brussels office benefits in here
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and Cover Letter.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.