Senior / Group Product Manager – Wise Platform: Banks
We’re looking for a Senior or Group Product Manager to join our fast growing Wise Platform team in London - focusing on building the perfect products for Banks and Financial Institutions
You will manage the Banks product engineering team and work with your peers in sales, delivery, marketing, compliance and operations to lead the Banks Vertical team.
As a cross-functional team you’ll help partner banks, such as Monzo, Mandiri and N26, leverage Wise’s infrastructure to offer their customers world class payments products through the banks own channels. This will help us transform the international payments experience for even more customers and have significant impact on Wise’s mission.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to our Wise Platform Team
- You’ll work on building the Wise Platform product for banks – ensuring our partner banks can offer their customers a world class international payment experience. Our documentation is public – check these out to start understanding the current product.
- You’ll build a deep understanding of how banks process international payments today and how Wise is able to help offer a faster, cheaper and more convenient product – for banks and their customers
- You’ll lead a cross-functional team for the Banks Vertical with your peers in sales, marketing, delivery, compliance and operations. Together you’ll define the go-to-market strategy and execute it across our three regions: Northam, EMEA and APAC.
- You’ll go above and beyond to help the team execute – whether this is, joining sales pitches, helping negotiate partner requirements or supporting in the process of getting banks live
- You’ll be championing Wise Platform in the rest of the organisation, and liaising across functions (customer support, financial crime, operations, etc.) to build great products
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Reinvent the way banks around the world offer international payments to their customers, completely transforming this experience
- Work on one of the most impactful levers of our mission – we are able to reduce prices by scaling the volume of money we move – and a lot of that volume today passes through banks
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your vertical team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand that everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
A bit about you
- You have delivered highly ambitious, impactful products before in data-driven environments
- You’re a hands-on Product Manager, and you’d do everything needed to make the team and the product successful. You get it done by thinking strategically and executing tactically
- You have experience working in cross-functional teams creating a product vision and go-to-market approach for a payments product
- You understand how payments work and have ideally built payments products that are today used in large enterprises or banks
- You are equally comfortable working on technical architecture, compliance requirements, legal obligations and commercial models and able to shape and influence thinking on these points
- You are customer-focused at heart – at Wise, they always come first, so you need to be enthusiastic about helping our customers and delivering on our mission
- You have fresh ideas – you don’t accept the status quo, but are interested in solving problems in novel ways. You are able to communicate the impact of those ideas and formulate plans to implement them
- Base salary: £83,000 – £140,000 / annually base (based on experience & interview outcomes)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): https://www.wise.jobs/what-we-do/our-offer/
- Numerous amount of other benefits: https://www.wise.jobs/2020/07/07/benefits-in-our-london-office/
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.