Our Card Dispute and Chargeback team is one of the frontiers of the exciting Wise world, helping our customers recover the cost of their problematic transactions, making sure we stay compliant with the card scheme and the relevant regulations, and pushing our partners to excel with us.
Our aim is to constantly improve our disputes and chargeback operations, supporting Wise mission while offering the best possible experience to our customers. We also work in close collaboration with our Card Fraud Team and our Dispute and Chargeback Team from the merchant side of Wise, helping each other to navigate at best in the domain, and keeping our customers constantly in mind.
Our Card Dispute and Chargeback team is spread across our Tampa, Austin, Budapest and Tallinn offices, and we are now looking for a new agent in Tallinn to bring their impact to our mission.
What you’ll get to do:
- Deep dive into customers’ disputes and take appropriate actions.
- Process card chargebacks and provide required information to our partners and the card scheme.
- Learn and understand the relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Provide world class support to our customers via email and phone, if needed, in order to solve a dispute.
- Work with our dedicated developers to identify and support improvements.
- Report when appropriate to partners, card schemes and authorities.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience with disputes or compliance.
- Some experience being part of a driven high performing team.
- Punctuality, independence and proactivity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Tolerance for routine but also an ability to keep up with the fast changes in the card payments industry.
- Some experience handling independent parts or entire projects.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Nice to have: Portuguese language skills
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience working within a cross-office team.
- Experience within card issuing, acquiring institutions or merchants (in Wise included).
- Some experience working with regulatory or product compliance.
What do we offer:
- Starting salary: 2,000€
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our Tallinn office
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and Cover Letter by 29 September. Please note that we don’t provide relocation or visa support for this position.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.