We’re looking for a PR Manager to help build, manage and improve Wise’s strong reputation across DACH. As a confident, creative, self-starter, who’s a great storyteller, you will be critical to helping journalists and other key audiences understand how Wise is building the best way to move and manage around the world through our products: Wise Account, Wise Business and Wise Platform.
This role has a primary focus on Germany as well as working on projects in Switzerland and Austria. You will be based in our London office, reporting to the EMEA PR Lead.
What you bring to the table:
- Demonstrable experience of working in PR in Germany – this could be in-house or at a PR agency. Bonus if you’ve worked in fintech.
- An innate understanding of what makes a good story for the media and how to secure great quality media coverage – along with existing media relationships in Germany and the street smarts of how to replicate that in other markets in the region. You’ll be broadening and deepening our contacts with consumer lifestyle, technology, and business outlets.
- Comfortable with scrutinising complex and technical data and turning them into simple and compelling messages and stories
- A genuine, enthusiastic interest in Wise’s mission and developing and communicating great ideas to make financial services fairer
- An ability to work proactively and autonomously in a high-growth company with a hands-on approach
- Stickler for measurement – you’ll be comfortable with articulating, understanding (and tweaking!) the impact of the work you do
- Critical thinker, highly organised, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently
- Excellent written and spoken English and German. Additional language skills are a bonus.
What you will be doing:
- Own Product Communications: Help us grow by embedding yourself in Wise’s local team to maximise the product news pipeline and generate news with a localised, nuanced approach
- Handle complicated issues when they crop up, and work directly with journalists to make sure Wise’s reputation is upheld.
- You’ll be able to devise and execute PR plans that drive reputation and growth – whether it’s delivering substantial media coverage, turning speaking opportunities into reality, or thinking of new ways we can make the media and public aware of what we do
- You’ll be comfortable working with specialist spokespeople such as our Country Managers, Leadership Team and you’ll understand how to take a creative approach to make the seemingly mundane a hot news topic
- Support Corporate Communications: Develop communications strategies to build awareness of Wise with influential business, tech and consumer lifestyle media, as well as handling issues as and when they arise
- Manage our agency partner in Germany.
What you’ll get
We offer you a position in one of the UK’s foremost tech companies and a chance to truly be a part of something great. It goes without saying that you’ll be a part of a fun, friendly atmosphere, with plenty of opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
You’ll get a competitive salary, flexible work hours and at least one all-expenses-paid company getaway every year. Everyone gets shares in the company too, because we believe that what we’re building belongs to each of us.
What is it really like to work here?
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in individually responsible teams. Each team picks the problems they want to solve and gets on with it – so there’s no micro-management or people telling you what to do. You will get tons of guidance and support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over Wise. The way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But, if the freedom to take on head-scratching professional challenges sounds interesting, we could be a match made in heaven.
What do we offer:
- Salary range: 40.000 – 50.000 GBP
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our London office
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and Cover Letter in English.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.