We’re looking for an experienced Treasury Manager to join our Treasury team in Singapore. This role is a unique growth opportunity in our Treasury within our newly created Markets team, with the ability to have a direct impact on Wise’s mission → Money without Borders.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help us manage our risks in real time, and help us keep lowering our prices
Our Markets team manages the risk on our GBP 105bn+ FX book and our GBP 11bn of customer assets.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Treasury team
- Using your experience managing dealing activities, you will help us manage group wide FX risks and manage liquidity trades to ensure we have money where our customers need it.
- Own the local execution relationships with our panel of international banks and counterparties, ensuring we are negotiating on price, and optimising for both price and broader relationship whenever we trade
- Taking ownership and propose updates and upgrades to our dealing approach, policies, controls and systems
- Be an experienced leader adept at training and building high performance teams
- Be part of the team rolling out new currencies and products, ensuring Treasury can manage the risk efficiently in time for new launches
- Build and deliver reporting on dealing activities and monthly improvements as the role evolves
- Bringing your external markets knowledge and experience to our teams to ensure we can keep growing at scale
- Within our Markets area we also manage our cash and asset book of GBP10bn+, this role will work closely with this team
- Working directly with our product team to automate risk management and funding strategies once proven
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be part of a rapidly growing team, in an expanding business, giving opportunities to expand the role as you grow
- Be flexible in how you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- You’ll have the opportunity to travel and work with our teams globally
- Grow as a leader – with our rapid growth, this role will need to be a source of markets expertise across our entire business
- Experience in a high paced, high flow, FX environment across a broad range of currencies, especially Asian Exotics
- Confident dealing spot, forwards, swaps, and NDFs to manage live exposures
- An experienced professional relationship builder with our banks and counterparties
- A leader that has experience managing a small team
- Experience in a change environment, with broad collaboration
- Proficient prioritiser – you make the right decisions on how to allocate time and effort
- You can easily communicate complex ideas to various crowds
- You have delivered tools, processes or products that optimise and scale in the treasury environment (Trading, Cash Management, Pricing, Risk management, etc)
- Open approach to problem solving in a fast paced environment
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- Experience in the payments industry/fintech space
- Experience with settlements and operating teams will be valuable
- Experience with Asset Management execution (Bonds, MMFs etc)
- ACT Qualifications
Salary: starting from SGD 170k++ per annum commensurate with experience + RSUs
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.