Physical Security Specialist, Austin, Texas
Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 11 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
What you’ll be working on
You will be working as part of the Security squad in our Physical Security subteam. This team is focused on the technical physical security side – facilities access, expansions and cameras. The Physical Security team is responsible for securing Wise office spaces and ensuring our staff are able to work in a secure environment. The team focuses on a wide range of physical security items, from creating policy for the whole business, technical low voltage works, expansions and training for employees.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Physical Security – including standards, best practices and local regulations.
- Good communication skill (both written and spoken), technical writing, presentation and organisational skills
- Knowledge and experience of both CCTV and access management systems – both from a hardware (readers, cards, locks, cameras) and a software (programming, troubleshooting) perspective.
- Able to support the team by assisting in the design, planning, installation and maintenance of access control systems, CCTV and any other physical security devices across Wise office space.
- Able to work independently and prioritise multiple tasks and adapt to needed changes
- Able to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances
- Able to keep up to date with technology and standards of physical security.
- Knowledgeable about physical security risks, issues and how to mitigate/manage them
- Have a keen eye and have excellent attention to detail
- Knowledgeable about conducting security investigations and dealing with incidents
- Be open, communicative, and fun to work with
- A team player, able to work with different teams and grow and develop good working relationships within the physical security team and the wider business
- A travel enthusiast willing to travel for work, support colleagues and learn.
- Able to educate and instruct physical security topics to a wide variety of audiences
Nice to haves
- Experience with drawing surveillance camera architecture and network diagrams, also access control system diagrams with readers and controllers
- Low voltage cabling and electronics understanding
- Experience with our technical stack
What you get back:
- 🚀 RSU’s in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working model – a mix of working from home and from the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- ⭐️ Here’s more info on our benefits in Austin
Find out more about our Austin, Texas office.
Interested? Find out more:
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.