We’re looking for a Due Diligence Agent to join our growing team in Tallinn. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a specialist and help save millions more people money. This is an entry level role, so we don’t expect you to have any previous experience in Due Diligence/Banking/Finance. Full training will be given to enable you to be successful in the role. If you are interested in starting your career in compliance, then this job role is perfect for you.
Purpose of the role:
The Due Diligence Agent is responsible for performing timely customer due diligence to complete the KYC process. The Agent will be engaged in research and analysis. They will use information supplied by external businesses and consumer customers, information already within the organisation, external vendor tools and their overall experience to effect due diligence controls on customers and counterparties of various characteristics.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performs Due Diligence on existing, new and/or potential customers based on risk mitigation controls and certain trigger events.
- Exercise discretion in setting priorities, identifying customer records that require further review and taking action to obtain and follow-up on the information and/or documentation requested.
- Ensure that information and documentation provided by customers, from external data sources and from your own reviews (e.g. websites and company registries) meet our requirements for verification
- Perform searches utilising Internet sources and/or third-party vendors to obtain information on prospects and new/existing customers.
- Communicate with customers when required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of decisions and policies.
- Provides guidance and responses to daily inquiries from peers, front-line and management regarding due diligence matters and case analysis, when appropriate.
- Maintain basic understanding of AML/CFT Regulations and how these impact the business, as well as Wise products and Services.
- When warranted, be capable of drafting SAR narratives to report activity deemed unusual.
- Assess Risk level of referred profiles that may or may not meet the Risk criteria expected from escalations.
- Have a deep understanding of different business models, customer types, country risks and regulatory requirements across multiple geographies.
- Support Wise in internal and external audits and regulatory due diligence process related queries reviews.
- Fluent in both verbal and written Hebrew & English languages;
- Work autonomously within a limited variety of well-defined procedures and practices (not necessarily standardised).
- Handles more complex activities with moderate variation. Deals with less straightforward questions, coordinate with as many sources of information necessary within and outside the business to support solutions.
- Capable of identifying gaps in policies and processes and providing detailed feedback, including examples when possible, through the established communication channels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, analytical abilities, and ability to adhere to strict deadlines in a fast paced and high pressure environment.
- Punctual, independent, proactive and willing to get things done;
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment which requires collaboration, partnership and transparency.
- Have a valid working permit in Estonia
- Application review
- Video interview and written test in HireVue
- Final interview with two Team Leads
- Start date: Q4 2023
- Restricted Stock Units in a profitable company
- Salary: 1800 EUR/month + 7% Language allowance
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
- Volunteering day off
- Hybrid model of flexible working
If you’re interested in the position, please apply at your earliest convenience by submitting your CV and Cover Letter.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.