A bit about the role
We are looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join our new and growing IA team.
Your main task will be to plan and execute the internal audits at Wise, managing teams and collaborating internally and externally with partnering firms. You will make recommendations to improve governance, risk management and internal controls. You will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting internal audits across a range of business areas.
The role presents a great opportunity to focus on the development and delivery of audit engagements in a fast paced environment, focussed on data driven audit techniques and continuous monitoring. Relevant experience working in assurance, risk or control roles and deploying technology enabled assurance is key to driving the internal audit agenda.
We are a newly formed team, therefore you have the unique opportunity to collaborate and shape the operations, methodology and approaches of the Internal Audit function.
- Support the implementation and operation of the internal audit assurance framework, including development of continuous monitoring and automated audit routines.
- Support development of the annual audit plan, including the audit universe, risk assessment processes and budgeting processes.
- Deliver audits per the audit plan to ensure timely and relevant audit outcomes.
- Build and support a strong and self-sufficient internal audit team.
- Monitor the implementation of Internal Audit recommendations by the teams and measure the effectiveness of the improvements.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, internally and externally.
- The role is London based, but many of our teams are located across different office locations. You will travel as needed to meet your objectives.
A bit about you
- You have proven experience working in risk, control or assurance and you want to continuously improve how to get the job done.
- You have worked in technology, fintech or broader financial services industries.
- You are able to work independently, you assume responsibility and you make your own judgement.
- You are prepared to take ownership over complex new areas and solve problems with no or very limited guidance.
- You have very strong coordination skills and you are able to hold teams accountable for meeting deadlines and delivering high quality outputs.
- You are agile and adaptable to change.
- You seek to use data analytics and technology in your work and decision making processes.
- You demonstrate attention to details but can summarise key messages succinctly, verbally and in writing, adjusting your style and level of information based on the target audience.
- You’re curious – you’re great at asking insightful questions to understand the real issues and deliver the right outcomes.
- You are passionate about driving change, making improvements and helping stakeholders.
- You are not afraid of making decisions, can work autonomously and take initiative.
- You’re a strong relationship builder across all levels of the business and externally. You manage and influence stakeholders with ease.
- You are collaborative – you enjoy sharing your knowledge and upskilling others.
- Relevant experience in assurance, risk or control roles.
- You have managed collaboration projects involving internal and external teams.
- You have worked in a multinational environment across different cultures and countries.
- Professional qualification: CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIA/CISA.
- You have worked in regulated environments, Fintech or Financial Services.
Some Of Your Benefits:
- Stock options
- Generous parental leave
- Travel to other global Wise offices
- Loads of growth and development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart, curious people
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.