Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 16 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
We need a Senior Software Engineer to join our mission and help us build a global platform that’s scalable, reliable and secure. You’ll dive right into projects on our stream processing infrastructure.
About the role
We are looking for a senior software engineer with a background in stream processing.
Our team is called Realtime Data Platform and it’s part of the Data Squad.
We provide the tooling and infrastructure that allows Wise to process transfers in real time. Our stream processing platform enables services to do calculations and make decisions in milliseconds, powering our validation, fraud detection and anti money laundering checks.
How we work
We operate on a strong belief in automation, programmatic implementation, and reusable design. We’re looking for people who can step back and think holistically about the ecosystem, but also follow through and help implement the design; drawing on the resources across the rest of the platform tribe.
We need to sustain this growth by continuously iterating on the services we run, with a focus on availability, security, and ease of use. We’re looking for an engineer with relevant experience who can analyse complex requirements and deliver simple solutions to help our teams achieve our mission with speed and confidence.
What will you be working on?
You’ll be working hands on designing, architecting, implementing and operating our systems on AWS. In addition, you will also help our product engineers use our tooling and systems, laying down best practises and rules. You should have a deep understanding of stream processing and the related technologies, being able to build and support the tooling to create pipelines that are used for real time decision making in the milliseconds range.
What do you need?
- Experience with Kafka Streams and/or Flink.
- Experience building production code with Java and Spring.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools.
- Experience building and operating distributed systems at scale.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Kafka, ZooKeeper and their operations.
- Experience with Kubernetes and infrastructure integrations.
- Experience with Terraform, Atlantis.
You get back:
- The ability to choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision
- The freedom to have real impact
- The opportunity to inspire teams
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- Find out more about our benefits in our London office.
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- The Wise Tech Stack, 2022 Edition.
- Our Engineering career map
- Scaling our Infrastructure; how we make it work
- Wise Engineering – https://medium.com/wise-engineering
What do we offer:
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.