At Wise, our focus is to go beyond delivering training as standalone events and instead deliver engaging learning experiences designed to help our teams achieve our Mission. Our initiatives span across leadership development, learning tech, regulatory training and bespoke function-specific learning solutions. These initiatives are built for global audiences and have regional roll-out strategies.
Tallinn is our biggest office, and there is a high demand to deliver leadership development and team coaching across functions. We’re looking for an experienced, self-driven and proactive Learning and Development Lead to join the People team in our Tallinn office. Reporting into the Learning and Development Senior Lead, this is an individual contributor role with scope for leading a team in the future.
- Design, develop, and deliver impactful, high quality learning experiences at scale for leads and Wisers across varying levels of experience and domain expertise
- Be the primary facilitator for delivering our in-person initiatives in Tallinn and collaborate with the wider team (based in London, Tallinn, Budapest, Tampa, Austin or Singapore) to support our rollouts virtually. These initiatives cover a broad range from company onboarding, leadership development, team coaching on topics like team health/dynamics, ways of working, etc.
- Proactively coach and guide all employees on learning, development, career and growth matters in their respective region
- Analyse and readily demonstrate the real impact of learning in a data-driven environment and shape solutions that scale
- Collaborate with Learning and People Partners to gain insight into specific regional/local needs
- Support functional subject matter experts to lead their own functional learning products and initiatives or create bespoke solutions in collaboration
- Mentor more junior team members in L&D best practices, and help streamline ways of working
- Work with our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) team to actively drive our DEI strategy through training and development. Support Wise initiatives and actively contribute to embed DEI best practice across our processes.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work internationally with very talented people across learning and development, as well as other key functions within and outside the People Team. This role offers a lot of variety and scope, giving you access to make an impact at scale at Wise.
- Build your own path to success with the freedom to try out many things and have full responsibility and ownership to execute. This isn’t a job for someone who wants to maintain the status quo. Instead this role would suit someone who wants to solve problems, work at pace and with impact.
- Have real, significant impact through hands-on learning and development delivery for one of the fastest growing financial technology companies globally. The job itself will grow significantly over time, so will provide many personal growth opportunities.
- Use all your experience and skills to bring new thinking and ideas to how we evolve self-directed professional and leadership learning at scale.
- Be part of a global team who brings our culture and how we work into all of our development products and activities.
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
You’ll be someone with experience of learning and development in high growth businesses. Although this role may not necessarily require it immediately, it would be preferable if you already had some experience of leading people. You’ll be looking to take a hands-on role, helping us continue to build development products and solutions that reinforce how we work, our values and our mission as a company.
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills, and performance consulting – you’ll go beyond typical L&D solutions, you will solve real business problems beyond just training and learning
- Designed, developed and delivered impactful L&D solutions at scale for leads across different levels.
- Worked in a high growth, international company – this will help you know how to deal with ambiguity, shifting priorities and designing development solutions that reinforce our cultural diversity
- Managed and influenced a variety of stakeholders – you’ll be used to working with all types of people, talking 1 to 1 or engaging with a large audience or influencing stakeholders at any level
- Project management and change management mastery – you’ve planned, scoped and implemented large scale projects or change initiatives, so you’ll know how to scope a problem and craft a phased plan, often with an MVP or product development approach. You’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves to make delivery happen
- Talent analytics – you love measuring your impact through real goals and outcome based thinking, metrics and KPIs to demonstrate real results for individuals, teams and the company
- Creative problem solver – we’re not a ‘one size fits all’ kind of business and we’re not looking for off-the-shelf solutions – we need you to think creatively and apply industry trends/best practices to help us find good solutions to problems that are anything but clear-cut
What do we offer:
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.