Senior Design Researcher – Send
We’re looking for a Senior Design Researcher to join the Send Squad in London. You’ll be part of Wise’s global mission to build an open, fair, and human financial system. Because people without borders need money without borders.
At Wise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives. We’re at a genuinely exciting time. Building more transparent and convenient ways to pay and get paid has never been more important in achieving our mission.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to understand the needs of our customers who use these products in order to provide them with a cheaper, easier and faster experience.
You’ll contribute by:
- Building our understanding of people with cross-currency needs among our key markets in order to ensure we are focused on solving the right things for customers
- Owning the planning, execution and delivery of research, applying the appropriate research methods to answer the teams’ highest priority questions
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Be part of a team – you’ll be embedded in a team where you can drive the direction and deliver the most impact. This means you can go deep and tackle the real customer problems while working side-by-side with PMs, design, analytics and engineering
- Choose your path to impact You’ll have the freedom to make your own calls about how best to support customer needs and reach mission zero
- Grow the research practice – You will be part of helping establish how we conduct research at a global scale
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
A bit about you…
- You have deep experience with both generative and evaluative research and are comfortable independently initiating, running and communicating research
- You have experience leading mixed-method studies. This encompasses a strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative user research methods and analysis techniques, including for ethnography, usability, surveys and card-sorting
- You’re comfortable working embedded in a cross-functional product team and are able to work autonomously, as well as collaboratively with your cross-functional partners (product, data, design, engineering)
- You’re able to guide the team on how to action your rich insights and work closely with designers to ideate based on findings
- You have top-notch presentation skills, especially when it comes to sharing impactful insights
- You not only advocate for the customer but for research more broadly, and have clear examples of making research an integral part of building products
And as a heads up, this role probably isn’t for you if:
- Your experience is primarily market research and/or academia
- You don’t have demonstrable experience leading UX research within the tech/product industry
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.