Wise is looking for a senior compliance manager to join its growing Compliance oversight team. This role will be working alongside the MLRO and a small but highly effective team in second line compliance. In this role you will be responsible for assisting in the effective mitigation of financial crime risks through the oversight and maintenance of adequate systems and controls.
- Supervision of our appropriate measures to ensure that Financial crime risks are taken into account in our day-to-day operation.
- Support in the development and maintenance of the compliance FinCrime oversight framework.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly compliance reports to the board of directors of Wise Ltd
- Provide adequate challenge to first line teams on the development of controls and provide approvals on any control changes , new products or features
- Represent compliance oversight both internally and externally to regulators, auditors and partners as required showcasing Wise strong oversight compliance framework
- Maintaining up to date fincrime policy framework in collaboration with other team members
- Deputising for the MLRO as required ensuring that there is strong oversight of all compliance operations including AML, Fraud, Sanctions, KYC/CDD and EDD
- Collaborating with product compliance control teams to ensure that there is strong oversight of all compliance operations including AML, Fraud, Sanctions, KYC/CDD and EDD
- Horizon scanning of new FinCrime regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of implementation of such development which impact business activities
- Proactively identify key areas of risk and work collaboratively with first line teams to in the development of mitigation plans
- Theory. You are an expert in AML/CTF compliance and may be currently working or have worked within the area of financial crime compliance preferably in a fast paced environment.
- Practice. You have demonstrable experience designing and challenging processes, ideally across multiple products. You have thought deeply about the TransferWise mission and how it intersects with compliance.
- Passion. You get a kick out of improving current practices and processes and can apply different compliance strategies to develop compliance frameworks.
- Communication. You are a comfortable and effective communicator in both your writing and speaking. You can convey complex ideas effectively to both internal and external audiences.
- Get the job done. You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritising, taking responsibility and working to tight deadlines.
- Detail. You have meticulous attention to detail and if you’ve skimmed through without reading this bullet point, I’m sure a bank would love to have you.
- Team player. You have great people skills and can effectively and efficiently collaborate, build relationships with colleagues throughout the business and across the globe
- Travel. You must be willing to travel to our other offices as required
What do we offer:
- Starting salary: £80,000
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our Tallinn office
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.