As a financial institution moving billions of GBP of customer money in more than 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials.
Wise is rapidly expanding globally, creating new products to consumers and businesses, and entering new jurisdictions. This is a unique opportunity to lead complex projects implementing new Wise products and markets into Wise’s finance system supporting Wise in being financially compliant and ensures our bigger team can make timely, accurate and sustainable business decisions based on a global set of financials.
How you’ll contribute to our Mission
- Our Finance Implementation team ensures that anything happening in Wise that has a financial impact is integrated into our financial systems and is properly recorded and controlled. This requires working closely with our product and engineering teams and finance stakeholders on understanding how things work in Wise and how they translate into compliant financials
- You’ll be responsible for understanding the whys and hows of the Wise and Finance integration and communicate across all finance stakeholders and financial concepts to engineers
- You will figure out a plan and work with a team of product managers, engineers, analysts and operations specialists to integrate all new Wise products, regions and entities into our finance ledger
- You will support the team with clear documentation including requirements, detailed project plans, resource allocation, testing, delivery etc.
- You will work with our internal finance teams, such as Accounting, Tax, Reporting and Financial Planning & Analysis to ensure clean, accurate and compliant financials in all our entities worldwide in a timely manner
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Get amazing exposure to the full breadth and depth of our internal product finance systems while working with a group of amazing and dedicated implementation managers, engineers, analysts, and operations.
- Work in a world-class international Finance Team, learn a lot about fintech and finance and drive financial sustainability of Wise, while also building a high-volume, real time financial implementation system
- Work with a modern microservices system with key parts written in-house, which allows to move fast and build controls and experiences that are above industry standards and push the boundaries of what is possible
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
A bit about you
- You’re hands on when it comes to product implementation and delivering features and building roadmaps. You’d do everything needed to make the team and the product successful. You get it done
- You have experience of managing end-to-end product integration lifecycles from scoping to delivery and post production support for ambitious, impactful customer / non-customer facing products before in data-driven environments
- Data-driven – You can pick up the signal from the noise. You are comfortable to dig deep into data, explore and make decisions based on insights
- You’re familiar with SQL and can communicate big data / complex data sets clearly.
- You’ve applied agile software development methodologies and tools before
- You create energy and clarity. You have great communication skills that help you bring people together behind a common goal, manage multiple points of view and create clarity and organisation into complex problems and diverse teams.
- You enjoy getting deep into the processing logic. You like to be thorough and understand how things work and all their dependencies in-depth. You don’t mind working in the non-customer facing team and bringing clarity to the team over complicated processes, while independently make sense of complex topics and break them down into smaller, more manageable pieces.
Beneficial, but not mandatory experience
- Finance / accounting background
- Experience working with business analytics tools (e.g. Looker, Superset)
- Passion for technical products and understanding of tech stacks used in software engineering
- Base salary: €32,400 – €58,800 gross / year base (based on experience & interview outcomes)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): https://www.wise.jobs/what-we-do/our-offer/
- Numerous amount of other benefits:
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.