At Wise we believe that people who are closest to risks are the best placed to identify and address these. We are looking for an experienced Product Compliance lead to join the Wise team, who will work across our product and compliance teams to take the Company to the next level by ensuring we maintain a state-of-the-art global Know Your Customer (KYC) program. This person will specifically focus on making sure our products and licenses are growing while balancing compliance requirements and risk.
This unique opportunity sits in our 1LOD FinCrime Product Compliance team that works side-by-side with our Product teams in order to:
- Focus on new products and features to ensure that scalable and compliant MVPs can be brought quickly to market.
- Remediate issues identified with existing products and features to ensure that they remain compliant and scalable
- Work as the intermediary between 2LOD compliance, Operations and our FinCrime Product teams to ensure our controls strike the right balance of mitigating risk and customer experience.
- Be an expert at evaluating compliance requirements associated with KYC regulations
- Comfortable assessing the KYC risks of new products and/or licence launches. Upskilling yourself and the product teams on the risks and regulations
- Good understanding of other FinCrime controls (e.g AML, Fraud, Screening) and how the customer’s KYC interacts with them
- Excellent communicator that can explain compliance and risk requirements to non-compliance stakeholders both inside and outside of Wise
- Problem solving mindset with a focus on unlocking growth while balancing risk and compliance. Ability to explain our controls approach to 2LOD and manage operational compliance impact ahead of new product launches
- Proactive nature that ensures we have the right KYC controls in place to launch and grow our products. As required ability to implement risk mitigation strategies and develop approaches to scale our products
A bit about you
We are looking for someone passionate about payments, fintech and compliance risk management and with an eye on the future. You should have:
- We are looking for someone passionate about payments, fintech and compliance risk management and with an eye on the future. You should have:
- Minimum 10 years working in a financial institution
- Minimum 5 years focused on financial crime compliance. Plus if you have supported teams operationalising KYC controls.
- Experience collaborating with various stakeholders such as product, operations, and other compliance teams
- A problem-solving mindset with the ability to explain control effectiveness using data
- Clear communication, project coordination, and management skills
- A sense of camaraderie and good humour while under pressure or tight deadlines
- Wisdom, a world view and talent for thinking outside the box
- Professionalism and high integrity
- Willingness to question teams and themselves on how to best serve our customers, while keeping processes robust and compliant!
- 25% international travel required
What we offer in return:
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.