As a financial institution moving billions of pounds of customer money in more than 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make accurate business decisions inside the company.
We are now looking for an experienced Data Engineer. This role gives a great opportunity to combine technical data processing skills with finance and automation experience. You will get familiar with all key products of Wise, understand the business, and also improve your data analysis expertise.
- Design, build, maintain ETL processes and data models behind Analytical Pipelines within Finance
- Create monitoring / alerting solutions over existing data pipelines / models
- Implement accurate controls over analytical pipelines output datasets
- Implement solutions to monitor the cost and performance of databases within Finance
- Collaborate with Finance software engineers while transitioning to streaming technologies
- Collaborate with external technical Teams to maintain our systems and platforms
- Focus on improving data flow efficiency within Finance, delivering automation or system improvements which can support scalability
A bit about you:
- You’re a data professional with deep experience in Python and SQL
- Comfortable working daily with orchestration and modelling tools like Apache Airflow, Databricks, DBT
- Have extensive experience with cloud DBs like Snowflake, AWS Redshift, AWS S3, ClickHouse
- Well-versed using Git and CLI scripting in general
Experience which is great not essential:
- Familiar with event based (Apache Kafka) or streaming (Apache Spark / Flink) technologies;
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform is a big plus;
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.