About the programme
We are looking for eight rising stars to join our Design team for a ten week paid internship programme. Design at Wise is a multidisciplinary team and we sometimes call it capital ‘D’ Design. While our craft is varied, human-centered design and design thinking unite us.
Wise is a global technology company, building the best way to move and manage the world’s money.
Whether you’re sending money to another country, spending money abroad, or making and receiving international business payments, Wise is on a mission to make your life easier and save you money.
Since it was founded in 2010, 5,000+ people work at Wise, from 125 nationalities, in 17 global locations. Check out what it’s like working here.
- The ability to contextualize and build a narrative around your work
- Analytical, assessment and problem solving skills
- An open attitude to feedback and willingness to learn
- Foundational knowledge of the design discipline you are applying for (we don’t expect you to know everything, but you need to have enough skill to navigate the organisation and work)
- You are graduating in 2024 or after from a Bachelors or Masters degree
- Able to start a 10 week internship from the 24th of June 2024 until the 30th of August 2024
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom
We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. If you’re passionate about learning new things, have a good understanding of design and are keen to join our mission, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
You’ll be part of Wise’s global mission to build an open, fair, and human financial system – to make money without borders the new norm. Because people without borders need money without borders.
You’ll be matched with a Wise sponsor in Design, collaborating with other Wisers and fellow interns on cross-functional projects. We plot our moves every quarter, and your mission will be mapped out with your sponsor. You’ll have plenty of room to help define your scope.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- You’ll get to know Wise customers, building empathy and deep understanding of their needs
- You’ll be honing and flexing your craft skills in a collaborative environment
- You’ll be connecting with your sponsor, fellow interns, and the broader design community to inject fresh creative thinking into the business
What you get back:
- Have a real impact. Solve real customer problems
- Fun offices with social activities – have a sneak peak of our London office
- Be part of a global team with a global mindset
- Meet with some of the most influential people at Wise on this programme
- Be mentored by a Design discipline expert
- Develop your craft and experiment in a live environment
- You’ve got a portfolio that demonstrates a mix of well-crafted and user centred work
- Strong visual design skills and a passion for finding solutions that allow customers to intuitively use our products
- You’re able to clearly rationalise your decisions to other team members
- You’re curious about learning from user testing and iterating on your work
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.