We’re currently hiring a People Partner (Global HR Business Partner) to join our growing People Partners team and our mission. You’ll be supporting our Know Your Customer and Financial Crime Operations teams in Compliance Operations function and impacting 1300+ Wisers employee experience in 10+ locations globally (in Europe, Americas and APAC). You will be based in our Budapest office.
We are looking for a commercially-minded, driven and goal-oriented HR Business Partner who will actively partner across our Compliance Operations teams at Wise. This gives you an exciting opportunity to work internationally with very talented people, while also being part of a larger People Team. This role offers a lot of variety and scope, giving you access to make an impact at scale at Wise.
If you’re a curious, passionate and results-oriented HR professional, with an eye for detail and data, then this role is for you! You’ll thrive in creating great workplaces and working on a complete cycle of HR services, including establishing trusted partnerships with business leaders and Wisers.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about all things “people”. You will love supporting your client groups, getting to know the business, and providing pragmatic solutions to their everyday challenges.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. We’re 5000+ Wisers strong, with over 117 nationalities working in 17+ locations around the globe! This is a unique opportunity to join Europe’s most valuable fintech company at a pivotal time in evolving our global People Team.
What problems are we solving
We are building the People Partner capability at Wise as a way to empower leaders and ensure the service we offer is able to scale and keep up with growth. We help build our ways of working in a way that helps us grow sustainably and gives a great Wiser experience. Having customer-facing People Partners embedded in their business areas ensures that Wiser’s problems are being solved autonomously and at speed.
In your role as a People Partner, you will become the trusted advisor to your stakeholders and spend time building and executing a people plan within your functions.
- Create close, effective relationships with senior leads and their teams, acting as a trusted people advisor to identify and achieve shared objectives, coaching, advising, and supporting them with their people plans and talent needs
- Create and drive people strategy, along with metrics and OKRs, for your area of responsibility including performance management, talent identification and succession, org design, employee engagement & communications, skills gaps, workforce planning
- Work with the Recruitment team and business leads to prioritise, plan and forecast roles for future growth
- You will have accountability for completing talent planning, succession, assessments, and similar processes that drive the people strategy with high quality and integrity; including execution upon agreed to and approved plans
- Drive organisational development, re-design, change & engagement in your areas, including project management & employee communications.
- Partner with leaders to develop our leadership capability and skills needed for our future success.
- Work closely with HR Centres of Expertise (CoE) to resolve complex and challenging problems through innovative and agile thinking
- Actively drive our DEI strategy looking at how this can be improved for your business units across all touch points of the Wiser lifecycle. Support Wise initiatives and actively contribute to embed DEI nudges across our processes.
- Analyse people metrics and risks adding further insight into the overall health of our teams and to share trends or determine opportunities for focus
- Lead the WiserPulse (our engagement survey) rollout into functional areas and drive action plans
- Provide advice and consultation on complex Employee Relations issues
- Help shape the global people team plan and priorities through the collation of global business trends, needs and anticipated future requirements
- Champion our values and culture, being a role model for these and supporting the continual embedding of them in everything we do.
A bit about you (attributes)
- Big Thinker – you’re willing to challenge the status quo, speak up and help others see things from other perspectives
- Collaboration – relationships get you out of bed in the morning, building and fostering them over time. Also not afraid to challenge and say no, without creating damage
- Data Driven – you’ll always start with data, facts and insights to help inform your approach to solving problems and analysing needs. You have a high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint and can use data to provide insights, inform decisions and visualise it to influence others through storytelling.
- Initiative – we’re not a ‘one size fits all’ kind of business and we’re not looking for off the shelf solutions; we need you to think creatively and be flexible in your outlook
- Resilience – you need to be comfortable being challenged and keeping cool and calm through times of adversity
- Change agent – the skills and desire to change the status quo for the better. These should include the ability to manage all elements of organisational transformation, facilitation, and training.
- Employee Relations – use knowledge to coach and advise managers and drive necessary actions. With tested mediation skills, you can guide managers in supporting conflict resolution.
- Communication – You are an effective and thoughtful communicator who is able to understand diverse perspectives and vary your communication style based on the circumstance.
What you’ve done before Wise
- People partnered in a high growth environment – this’ll help you know how to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities, plus you’ll need to have experience of working closely with a scaling, global team
- Developed a broad range of expertise and skills – so no matter the challenge (a restructure, salary benchmarking, skills gap, employee relations, etc) you can bring thought leadership and take ownership
- Project management – you’ll be strongly solutions focused, able to identify problems and drive initiatives that have a measurable impact
- Regional / multi-site experience – you’re experienced supporting Leads and employees split across geographies and timezones. One of your super powers is being able to adapt to many different cultures and backgrounds
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.