Solution Engineer Team Lead – Wise Platform
Compensation: $200,000 – $280,000 + RSUs + Benefits
We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer Team Lead to join our growing team in Austin.
Wise is one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, Wise is building a new one, and integrating it with partners globally.
And, we need a Solutions Engineering Lead to join our mission.
The team you’ll be working with: Wise Platform — Solutions Engineering
Solutions Engineering at Wise is a post sales role, focussed on working with our integrating partners to enable them to successfully launch a product based on Wise’s services. The role is multifaceted but includes providing technical consulting to partners, designing novel solutions to solve for their constraints and working internally to influence the product roadmap.
Wise is growing the Solutions Engineering function globally and are looking for a lead to continue building the team regionally and to support new and existing Wisers to achieve their potential. You would work across partners, your own team, Wise Platform and the wider organization to maximize your team’s impact.
Your role in the team:
- You’ll be responsible for the overall health and productivity of your team.
- You’ll provide feedback on your team’s approach and help them make data-driven decisions.
- You’ll have an overview of what’s happening across the organization and think about how this impacts partners, in terms of opportunities and risks.
- When needed, you’ll roll your sleeves up to be involved in the project delivery process.
Is that you?
- Have previously worked with external parties to deliver technical projects with REST API integrations.
- Experience building, leading and mentoring driven and a high performing technical delivery team.
- Comfortable working on big challenges and a history of successfully delivering best in class solutions.
- Experience building and designing scalable and performing systems within a microservice architecture
- Expert on all things API, such as API design, Swagger, OpenAPI, OAuth2
- Have a strong product mindset and be able to support others to make the right decisions and compromises.
- Experience on managing client relationship and setting accurate expectations
…but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
Nice to have bonuses:
- Have worked in the payment or fintech industries.
- Experience working across multiple tech stacks and frameworks.
- Experience working with large incumbent partners like banks.
What does success look like in this role?
- You’ll have found your place in our mission by successfully supporting the team to deliver partner solutions.
- You’ll understand our partners and the impact our product makes to their business and their customers.
- You’ll make contributions to the wider engineering goals of the company.
- You’ll inspire a team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued.
- You’ll help us scale-up and build a world class money transfer product that impacts millions of people and businesses
What you get back:
- 🚀 RSU’s in a rapidly growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 💻 Hybrid working model – a mix of working from home and from the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 🌍 Relocation expenses covered
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- 🏆 2023 Austin BuiltIn Best Award winner for Best Places to Work and Best Large Places to Work
Find out more about our benefits in our Austin office (Same for NYC office).
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- How our Engineers build new features
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.