We’re looking for a Card Disputes Team Lead to join our team in the Kuala Lumpur office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a leader, help save millions more people money and work in a disruptive, fast-growing and fun environment.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking, and they can spend every day using our Wise debit card.
Our aim is to constantly improve our disputes and chargeback operations, supporting Wise mission while offering the best possible experience to our customers. We also work in close collaboration with our card fraud team and our dispute and chargeback team from the merchant side of Wise, helping each other to navigate at best in the domain, and keeping our customers constantly in mind.
As a Team Lead, you get to empower your own team, work within the existing leadership team in this area, support the product team, and bring your expertise to upscale the domain; driving large-scale initiatives and helping us solve problems that have a long-lasting impact will be part of your daily work.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Card Disputes team:
- Deep dive into customer disputes, performing recovery, and in general performing agents tasks 25-30% of your time;
- Planning, coordinating, and monitoring the card dispute operations, contributing to achieving and maintaining the internal and external service standards, including but not limited to scheduling, key metrics monitoring and internal reporting, work guidelines;
- Collaborating with your peers, the development and product team on policies, plans and longer term objectives;
- Contributing to improvements and changes related to disputes handling, customer satisfaction and recovery performance, increasing automation,efficiency and accuracy;
- Developing and maintaining in the team the awareness of regulatory and scheme requirements, risk-based approach, relevant internal plans and changes;
- Supporting your team members’ progress, conducting and documenting performance reviews for them, assigning and supporting projects and monitoring their results.
A bit about you:
- You are a Malaysian Citizen. Please note that we can’t move forward with applicants that are currently on a Malaysian Permanent Residency, or under any work-related visas.
- You have experience leading operational teams, preferably in a fast paced environment;
- You have experience with the card payment industry, preferably in Disputes area.
- You have a track-record of building successful teams and developing people and keeping them engaged and motivated;
- You have some experience working within a leadership team.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is a must.
- You are willing to travel for work (at least once a year)
Starting salary for this role is 120,000 MYR
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter by the 30th of November.
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Why are you the suitable candidate to lead the Card disputes operations in Wise?
- How do you think handling the card disputes received impacts the overall company’s mission?
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.