Wise is looking for a Financial Crime Compliance Manager based in Singapore to join their Pacific (Australia and New Zealand) Financial Crime Oversight team, responsible for the effective mitigation of financial crime risks through the maintenance of adequate systems and controls. We work closely with teams across Wise (including first line fincrime operations, product, and banking teams) to provide advice on new regulations and emerging risks, ensure new products and services are launched in compliance with regulatory requirements, and oversee the firm’s financial crime controls (KYC, AML, Sanctions, Fraud). Externally, Financial Crime Oversight is also responsible for defending Wise’s compliance program to regulators, law enforcement, and partner banks.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to play a key role in supporting a financial crime program that is driven by Wise’s mission for money without borders, transparency, and protecting customers. We are looking for someone with in-depth knowledge and experience in fincrime compliance, an excitement and desire to learn, and strong organisational and communication skills.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Core Compliance
- Manage and oversight compliance with Pacific (Australia and New Zealand) Financial Crime obligations, including mapping of controls and monitoring and overseeing assurance activities
- Build and maintain FCC MI dashboards that provides assurance to the Pacific lead, Pacific team, Group team and local and Group boards regarding Pacific’s compliance with fincrime obligations
- Assist in the update and maintenance of local policies, procedures and controls, whilst maintaining compliance with local laws and regulations
- Collaborate with our regulatory compliance counterparts on horizon scanning by documenting regulation updates, emerging typologies/ threats and external process changes. These will also need to be communicated to the relevant teams and stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with 1LOD FCC & KYC Operations colleagues to ensure oversight of key processes, SLA’s, QA, emerging risks, resource challenges, program changes, incidents and mitigation plans
- Respond to financial crime escalations and requests submitted from 1LOD, Product and Partnership teams
- Provide guidance and challenge to 1LOD teams on the development of financial crime controls and new products or features to ensure they are effective and are compliant with local laws and regulations
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to collaborate and contribute to quarterly and annual objectives
- Engage with our regulators, bank partners and law enforcement to demonstrate, and defend, Wise’s FCC Program
- Assist with various compliance related projects and tasks as required.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Build a strong working knowledge of Wise’s products and associated fincrime systems and controls, and take initiative in identifying areas for improvement.
- You will have full ownership of necessary control changes and hold 1LOD accountable for these changes, challenging them where necessary.
- You will become embedded within the KYC team and will become the 2LOD point of contact for all KYC related queries.
- You have strong AML/CTF compliance experience and may be currently working or have worked within the area of financial crime compliance.
- You have demonstrable experience designing and challenging processes, ideally across multiple products. You have thought deeply about the Wise mission and how it intersects with compliance.
- You are a comfortable and effective communicator in both your writing and speaking. You can convey complex ideas effectively to both internal and external audiences.
- You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritising, taking accountability and working to tight deadlines.
- You have great people skills and can effectively and efficiently collaborate, build relationships with colleagues throughout the business and across the globe.
- You have good knowledge of CDD and EDD processes and controls. Experience of designing and overseeing a CDD/EDD program would be an advantage.
- You must be willing to travel to our other offices as required.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Knowledge of Australian and/or New Zealand Financial Crime Compliance regulations
- Compliance experience in similar Fintech companies or investments services.
- Technical data skills (e.g. comfort with advanced Excel features, understanding of SQL) would be desirable
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.