As we continue to grow and scale, we are on the hunt for an experienced Accounting professional with excellent project management skills to join our Technical Accounting team in Budapest.
As a Senior Manager in the Technical Accounting team, you will contribute to our mission by ensuring the accounting for our new products and services in the financial systems is accurate and complete and in accordance with IFRSs to meet our reporting needs as a publicly listed company.
- Becoming a key contact of Wise’s Technical Accounting team: You will collaborate with different teams in Finance to ensure correct application of accounting standards and that processes and accounting policies are updated to reflect it. One of Your main stakeholders will be the Treasury team to ensure that different treasury products are recognised and subsequently accounted for in accordance with IFRS 9 (‘Financial Instruments’).
- Onboarding of new accounting processes: You will ensure that products launched in Wise, which have a financial impact, are properly accounted for and integrated into our financial systems. You will also be responsible for analysing new agreements to assess their accounting treatment.
- Ownership of complex accounting areas: You will be responsible for understanding the why and how of financial instruments. This includes documenting accounting position papers and explaining to Finance stakeholders, diverse teams across Wise as well as external auditors the accounting for these.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Own your own path to success – You’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge in accounting – Challenge your IFRS skills, knowledge and abilities in a wide variety of accounting areas.
- Work in a team – You’ll have an opportunity to work together with like-minded, highly experienced and results oriented people.
- Inspire teams with your ideas, strategy, knowledge and self-starting attitude.
- Grow with the role – You will have the opportunity to develop your leadership skills as the business and Finance function grows in complexity.
- Theory – deep accounting knowledge in IFRSs. It would be beneficiary, if you have a professional finance qualification such as the ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent with proven post qualification experience.
- Practice – You have prior experience as a Senior Technical Accountant, Accounting Implementation Project Manager or Senior Audit Manager. You have practical industry experience in implementing the IFRS 9 accounting standard. You have managed accounting projects and demonstrated resilience to break through and overcome challenges. You may have built things from scratch.
- Ownership – You work independently, assume responsibility and make your own judgements. Be prepared to take ownership over complex new areas and solve problems with minimal guidance.
- Love getting things done – You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility to do whatever needs doing to solve problems.
- Collaborative and influencing skills – You work well in an international team environment, and know how to have an impact through others. You have partnered with internal and external stakeholders and have strong communication skills.
- Development – You are keen to learn and develop your knowledge of how a FinTech and fast growing scale-up operates.
- Travel – you’re happy to occasionally travel internationally to other Wise offices (e.g. London, Tallinn) or for team offsites.
Extra experience that would be great:
- Relevant industry experience (FinTech or Financial Services)
What do we offer:
- Starting salary: 1225000HUF
- Numerous great benefits in our Budapest office
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
If you’re interested in the position, please apply for the latest 30th November 2023 by submitting your CV and Cover Letter.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.