Social Media Customer Support Associate
We’re looking for English speaking Customer Support Associates to join our growing team of Customer Support Rockstars at Wise! You’ll support our North American customers from our Austin, Texas office! 🚀
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can manage their money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
And it’s not just our business that’s growing fast, our team is growing too!
We work differently and we’re proud of it! At Wise you’ll have the opportunity to have real impact, grow your skill set and work across our entire business.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $22.25 per hour + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + best in class benefits! (more info below 😉)
This is a hybrid position located in Austin, Texas and NOT fully remote.
This role is a unique opportunity for someone passionate about both social media and providing an exceptional customer experience, where you’ll engage with customers to solve problems and build community on our various social platforms. Once you’re up to speed in your role, you’ll have the opportunity to take on side-projects to grow your knowledge base and help Wise get closer to our mission of money without borders!
- Create a wonderful customer experience for our customers online across all of our social media platforms (including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube) – and understand that making a customer happy is crucially important to our success
- You should be creative, friendly, and solution-oriented with both customers and colleagues
- Constantly stay up-to-date on social media processes and applications and look for new ways to use them to help our customers & team
- Understand the impact and role that customer support can play in new media, such as social platforms
- Understand the need to meet expectations, rise above them, and go that extra mile for customers
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – We’re all about intellectual curiosity, growth, and a solution-oriented mindset, because after all, this isn’t just a job to us! 🚀
- Be Yourself – We’re looking for team members who have friendly personalities that are fun to work with! We’re not interested in drama, only good Karma! 💙
- Work Globally – Our customers are all over the world and our team members are just as diverse. We’re 4000+ Wisers strong, with over 90 nationalities working in offices from Austin to Tokyo, and several places in-between 🌎
- Inspire Teams – With your ideas, knowledge, self-starting attitude, and customer insight, you’ll directly drive innovation and help us make money borderless! Whatever the mission, we get it done! 💫
A bit about you:
- You have exceptional verbal & written English language skills – The main responsibility of this role is reaponding to questions and comments on social media channels, so we’ll be evaluating your communication skills throughout the process starting with the application – put your best foot forward with flawless spelling and grammar!
- You have previous experience providing high-volume customer support online (via social media, chat, community management, etc.) – to be clear, this is a customer support position, not a content creation role
- You’re flexible. Open to working days, nights, and some weekend shifts, between 9:00am and 7:00pm at the latest. While your scheduling preferences are taken into consideration, the scheduling requirements can change based on our customer’s needs, so we can’t guarantee you your preferred shift and shifts can change over time (your first month or so would be a regular 9am-5pm schedule while you complete your initial paid CS training)
- You’re a master behind the keyboard. You’re an expert typer, at least 45 words per minute, and you quickly pick up how to navigate and use new software and online tools – Knowledge of tools like Hootsuite, Agorapulse, Sprout Social, or similar that support social customer support would be helpful
- You’re organized. You can multitask – you’re also punctual, reliable, and methodical in your approach with a solution-oriented mindset – and you’ve got a sharp attention to detail which makes learning new systems and procedures a breeze
- You’re cool under pressure. You take charge in challenging situations and you keep your composure if things get tense – a fast-paced, ever-changing environment is where you thrive
- You’re growth-oriented. You understand that an open feedback culture is there to help you grow. You crave information and love learning new things. You challenge ideas, not people. You see every challenge as a learning opportunity and you’re adaptable, learning new systems and processes quickly
- You’re a team-player. You’re straight up and honest. You’re able to own up to your mistakes and you follow through when you say you will.
- Most importantly – you understand that having a great working culture is everyone’s responsibility, so you treat everyone with respect, you always give a helping hand, and you let our values guide you
- You’ve got at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Any additional languages are a plus!
- You must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot support Visa sponsorship for this role
- This role is based in Austin, Texas, where we currently have a co-working space in North Austin. This is a hybrid position and NOT fully remote.
- 🚀 RSU’s in a rapidly growing company after a year with us
- 💻 Hybrid working model – A combination of work-from-home and from the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 bank holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- 🏆 BuiltIn Award winner for Best Places to Work and Best Large Places to Work
- Click the link for more info on our benefits in Austin
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.