We’re currently hiring for a Payroll Specialist to join our global Payroll Team based in our Singapore Office on a 9-month Full Time Contract (FTC) starting on 9th January 2024 – 9th October 2024.
We’re looking for a payroll superstar, with a keen eye for accuracy, attention to detail and a desire to share your APAC payroll expertise and knowledge with our Global Payroll Team.
Reporting to the Payroll Lead, you’ll have above-average understanding of the APAC region payroll, its overall function, and how our team provides excellent service to others. You’ll be responsible for the accurate, effective, and timely processing of your payroll for each pay period.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. We’re 5000+ Wisers strong, with over 170 nationalities working in 25+ locations around the globe! We’re looking for a Payroll Specialist who lives our values, will help grow our culture, and drive our mission forward! 🚀
This exciting role will join a team responsible for the overall global payroll process, including compliance, internal audit, and reconciliation across multiple countries for Wise. You’ll complete a variety of daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and ad-hoc tasks to ensure your payrolls are processed in accordance ahead of payroll deadlines.
This role will initially include partnering with our third-party payroll vendor and their advisors to strive for accuracy, reduce errors, and process payroll more efficiently. You will partner to develop robust & detailed processes to ensure the execution of payroll in an effective, efficient, and timely manner. Cross-training will be key!
This amazing role will also participate by providing a variety of deliverables, including global projects, pre-post payroll journals, internal audits, and more. Also, you will provide input regarding team goals, KPIs, efficiencies, process improvements, and future optimization of our payroll team – all while providing outstanding customer service. Always.
- You’ll be working as a part of a wider Global Payroll Team, servicing 25+ countries using Workday (HRIS), while focusing specifically on our APAC Wisers
- You’ll prepare, double-check, cross-check, review and analyze payrolls according to the established deadlines
- You’ll be completely responsible to ensure the timely submission of your payroll inputs to our third party payroll provider
- You’ll partner with your Lead to recommend new approaches, policy and procedure changes towards continuous improvement within the team
- You’ll ensure your payrolls balance to your inputs – always
- You’ll be responsible for all documentation within your historical payroll files
- Continue to increase subject matter expertise on your allocated locations, on all payroll and legislative matters, providing support, as needed, to others
- Work with the Payroll team and the Payroll Lead to provide additional processing/transaction support, as needed
- You’ll ensure compliance across local payroll tax laws, while meeting applicable timelines effectively and efficiently
- Stay current with regulation changes affecting your payrolls to ensure accuracy and service to our customers
- Partner to complete and respond to regulatory agency inquiries
Financials, Audits, and Reporting:
- Responsible for outputs of your payrolls, such as payroll journals, GL files, and ad-hoc reporting
- You’ll ensure all reporting and data is completed timely
- We’re evolving our payroll model – We’ve recently implemented a new payroll platform, and you’ll have the chance to conduct process improvements and projects involving the new platform
- You’ll assist to create efficiencies in our current ways of working and help us develop new ways of payroll processing
A bit about you
You are a Singaporean Citizen or Singapore Permanent ResidentPrior APAC payroll processing experience of at least 1-2 years in a high growth, product or service led company – this assists you to know how to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities and come up with innovative solutions.
- Strong Payroll experience in the Singapore market – you’ll have experience in preparing, processing, correcting, and auditing most aspects of payroll – as well as the ability to learn new payroll processes efficiently. Australia (and Rest of Asia) payroll experience is a plus!
- Above average tech skills – particularly with Google Docs, Sheets, and Microsoft Excel for use of pivot tables, charts, etc – as well as being proficient in using payroll software.
Communication Skills – Strong English (Verbal and Written), and an additional language is a plus!
- Collaborative – you’ll have a passion and skill for building strong relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
- Detail focused – you’ll have an eye for the details and an appreciation of data and analytics, using these two skills to drive your decisions.
- Adaptable – you will be as comfortable working with ambiguity as you are with certainty. We need someone who can be agile enough to respond to changing priorities, but be able to hold clear on the long-term path ahead
- Curiosity to learn, grow – we don’t expect you to be an expert, but we’ll need you to have a positive, can-do attitude – with a willingness to learn new things.
- Ability to multi-task – you must be able to handle multiple tasks – often at the same time. You’ll also have the ability to start, stop, pick-up and complete tasks on a recurring basis.
- Teamwork focused – You excel in a teamwork-oriented setting. This role requires you to partner with your peers and cross-check assigned payrolls.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.