Wise is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 16 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a talented Team Lead to join our mission.
Here at Wise we’re working to create a seamless IT experience by offering all the tools and permissions people need to do the best work they can, and simultaneously avoid being a speed hump. We have a highly mobile, geographically diverse work environment and currently we look after several offices of varying sizes.
We are excited to announce a vacancy for a Senior Leader in our User Technology (UT) Device Management team. This invaluable role encompasses overseeing not only five IT support teams but also our Device Management Engineering team, all vital for maintaining our office and end user IT infrastructure, and ensuring its impeccable performance round-the-clock.
The bulk of your responsibilities extend to mentoring team members, team building, and delivering expertise on device deployment, configuration, and Office IT management. We anticipate you to be a catalyst enhancing our technical efficiency and team productivity.
Key Obligations Include:
- Supervising team productivity and setting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure exceptional device management and IT infrastructure.
- Managing the team’s budget, including forecasting and meeting budget needs, as well as overseeing procurement processes to ensure cost-effective acquisition of required tools, devices, and services.
- Providing regular guidance to your teams.
- Leading the recruitment process: hiring, training, and supporting technicians and engineers.
- Staying informed on device deployment, configuration, and overall IT solutions.
- Collaborating with Security and other Engineering teams on incident management.
- Upholding high standards within the team, consistent with the company’s overall IT practices.
- Directing the team’s progress, encouraging continuous improvement in skill levels and managing the documentation of processes.
- Monitoring feedback from users and the Support teams to address any areas for improvement.
- Identifying and escalating crucial issues to various company subdivisions and collaborating to create solutions.
- Establishing and monitoring Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to preempt and manage potential risks.
In your role as a lead, you will not only ensure service quality and uphold service-level agreements (SLAs) for prompt and efficient IT issue resolution, but also be responsible for setting KPIs to drive performance and KRIs to identify potential risks. Your leadership and financial oversight will be crucial in enhancing our organization’s technical efficiency, service quality, and overall team performance.
- Demonstrate leadership, coaching, and team development capabilities.
- You have an education or experience in Information Technology or similar field.
- Proven track record in organizing, prioritizing tasks and tracking progress effectively.
- Can show customer-centered thinking and technical skills.
- Experienced in managing cross team projects.
- Familiarity with Windows, Mac and Linux environments, and enterprise IT management tools in general. (examples: MDM, Asset management, vulnerability management, ticketing systems, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with a record in building strong relationships.
- Familiar with Disaster Recovery, Risk management, Project Management, Change and Incident Management.
- Experience managing diverse and geographically dispersed teams at various seniority levels and professional backgrounds.
- Experience with scripting: bash, powershell, python, YAML. Knowledge of terraform or any other IaC tools. Understanding the world of system administrators: JAMF, Windows Intune, Apple Business Manager, SCCM, PatchmyPC and so on.
- AWS and network basics – the broader your knowledge, the greater your impact across teams.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and frameworks: GDPR, PCI-DSS, ISO/IEC27001, SOC , CIS.
- Experience or familiarity with access management (examples: Okta, Sailpoint, SAML, OAuth, LDAP, etc.).
What you get back:
- The ability to choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision
- The freedom to have real impact
- The opportunity to inspire teams
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
What do we offer:
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.