Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
We are looking for an experienced operations lead and sanctions expert to lead the Sanctions Specialist Team and Training Team within Sanctions Operations.
The Specialist Team serves as the sanctions subject matter experts responsible for reviewing and investigating all potential violations of OFAC, E.U., UK and other sanctions programs processed through Wise. This includes: reviewing and final approval regarding escalated alerts on transactions and matches to the OFAC, E.U., UK and any other applicable lists and programs; reviewing and approving licensed transactions; reporting blocked property and rejected transactions to the respective regulatory agencies; drafting and filing Voluntary Self-Disclosures to OFAC; investigation into potential circumvention attempts; advising teams on sanctions related issues and sanctions incidents. The team also owns training and knowledge management for the whole of Sanctions Operations.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the team
- Lead the Training and Specialist teams
- Lead complex operational projects acting as a subject matter expert for the rest of the business
- Reviewing current operational processes and policies
- Implement effective controls to reduce risk
- Maintain strong relationships with Compliance, ensuring we have the right structure and processes in place for effective oversight
- Own the plan to develop sanctions operations team capabilities, strategic placement of staff across teams, skills and capacity over 12+ months, including skills mapping and training plans, leading significant cross-team projects requiring material decisions and content contribution as well as project management.
- 2-3 years experience leading an Operations Team preferably within Financial Crime
- 3+ years of Sanctions experience
- Certified Global Sanctions Specialist (CGSS) certification or similar
- Great communicator, both verbal and written
- You have proven track record of taking individual ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player
- You have good understanding and ability to analyse, forecast and move of team’s metrics
- You can work collaboratively within a complex organisation, across multiple cultures, geographies, and disciplines
- You have project management and organisational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- You’re able to travel as needed.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience in L&D and Knowledge Management
- Experience with outsourced sanctions operations and controls
- Experience interfacing with regulatory enforcement agencies
- Experience with the OFAC e-filing system and potential VSD analysis
- Additional language skills in one or more jurisdictions in which Wise has operations.
PS! If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV in English.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.