With a high degree of autonomy, you will be supporting the legal function within the Wise group to help take the business to the next level, including:
- Working closely and building relationships with multiple business units across the Company and across our APAC markets (Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Japan and other regions in APAC) and Gulf markets to advise on a wide range of legal matters and ad hoc problems, including licensing, market entry and partnerships
- Structuring, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements with banking/payments partners, outsourced service providers and suppliers
- Understanding the real risks to the business and providing practical advice to Product and Expansion teams. Supporting Product and Expansion teams on changes to our customer agreement for new services or new market entry
- Supporting initiatives relating to governance within the group with close support from Group Co Sec
- Liaising with external counsel where required
- Advising on the legal rights and duties of subsidiary companies and their directors in the APAC region
- Working with the Legal team (based in Singapore, London, New York and Estonia) to support the wider needs of the company
- Staying up to date on legal developments in APAC and advising on future-looking initiatives
- Mentoring and upskilling relevant directors, officers and teams, making life simple and easy
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Define your path to success – you’ll have the freedom and responsibility to help shape what is needed and then make it happen
- Build something for the future – we are continuing to grow rapidly and your work will be crucial in growing and maturing one of the companies of our time
- Inspire with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone passionate about fintech or finance and with an eye on the future. You will ideally have :
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of previous firm or in-house experience in APAC, focusing on payments, financial services or technology. Experience in card issuing/acquiring or the Gulf region would be a plus.
- Proven experience with commercial contract structuring, drafting, and negotiation
- Understand how to balance between maturity in corporate governance and operations, and the practical considerations of fast growth and scaling
- Have a track record in project management and clear communication, including being able to focus people behind a common goal and make the complex simple.
- Focus on impact, through trusted relationships
- Have a get-it-done, collaborative approach to problem solving and an ability to seek creative, innovative solutions for complex matters
- Maintain a sense of camaraderie and good humour while under pressure and working to tight deadlines
- Well-organised and able to manage and prioritise numerous projects simultaneously
- Flexible and agile, and able to adapt to changing demands
- Have professionalism and high integrity
What we offer in return:
This is a full-time position reporting to the Head of Legal based in our Singapore office. Find out more about our benefits here.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, come help us build a beautiful future of money without borders!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.