We’re building a scalable, high performing platform for our 16 million customers. And we’re looking for Finance Analyst graduates to join us on our mission.
Wise is a global technology company, building the best way to move and manage the world’s money.
Whether you’re sending money to another country, spending money abroad, or making and receiving international business payments, Wise is on a mission to make your life easier and save you money.
Since it was founded in 2010, 5,000+ people work at Wise, from 125 nationalities, in 17 global locations. Check out how it’s like working here.
You’ll be part of Wise’s global mission to build an open, fair, and human financial system – to make money without borders the new norm. Because people without borders need money without borders.
This is a brilliant opportunity for you to gain two qualifications. On completing the 3 year training programme you will gain the ACA qualification from the ICAEW, as well as a level 7 apprenticeship qualification. During the apprenticeship programme you will be given a coach and training manager to support you throughout your qualification. You’ll have the opportunity to build your technical skills while developing valuable practical skills and commercial knowledge.
How you will contribute to the Finance team:
- Your role will span across multiple parts of the Finance Tribe technical teams. You’ll help us build a sustainable real time financial data engine, to ensure our financials are looking healthy. You’ll also support stakeholders with data, modelling and data investigation. When you join the graduate programme, we’ll jointly decide what your first focus areas will be, and later you can move around the Tribe to drive different areas, and help us achieve our mission.
- You will have flexibility in how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different – so we’ll do our best to make it happen, but we recommend coming to the office as much as possible in your first months!
The role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact – you’ll have an opportunity to build, own and grow parts of the financial engine of one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Europe
- Own your path to success – you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Expand your skills and develop for the future – build efficient engineering solutions, analytical data pipelines, reporting and outputs
- Gain more experience that will allow you to grow with Finance as well as the wider Wise team
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about Finance, financial technology and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company
In your 3 rotations as a Graduate Analyst:
- You’ll onboard and spend some time understanding your team and tribe’s vision. Once you know this, you’ll better understand how you can contribute
- Understand the culture. We work in autonomous teams, so you’ll need time to understand how that works
- Understand how finance works at Wise and what each team and tribe does. You’ll get a chance to explore different domains within finance and get an opportunity to deepen the knowledge of some of them (depending on the teams for rotation)
- Improve SQL and python skills, gain hands-on experience and knowledge about databases, get to know different data structures and learn to use them appropriately
- Build data transformations that power analysis, automate reports that result in actions by teams and communicate insights in an easy-to-follow manner
- Have an opportunity to plan, structure, and execute projects that will help the team with data
- Take part in team meetings and ceremonies, share the updates and communicate in written and verbal forms with different stakeholders
What does it take? These things are a must:
- You are graduating in 2023 or 2024 from a Bachelors or Masters degree. This might be in Finance, Economics, Financial Technology, Data Science (or something similar)
- You are able to start a full time graduate job in September 2024
- Eligible to work in London
- Experience with SQL and familiarity using Python for data analysis
- You have some knowledge or strong commitment to learn finance business domain
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- Instead of waiting for a task you can propose a problem statement, model, approach and solution
- You can work with minimal direction beforehand and are strong in structuring your approach towards problem resolution
- You are open to and value feedback in order to improve
And these would be great, but aren’t essential:
- A previous analyst internship, ideally at a fintech or start up You can develop data visualisations using typical BI tools (we use Looker, Tableau)
What you get back:
- Have a real impact. Solve real customer problems
- Lots of team activities
- Salary of 35,000 GBP with an RSU package
- Fun offices with social activities – have a sneak peak of our London office!
- Embrace global connection during Mission Days
- Be part of a global team with a global mindset
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.