Wise is looking for an Accountant to join our General Accounting team. The General Accounting team is part of the Finance Tribe, being responsible for the financial deliverables for all entities in Wise group. Working closely with the Tax, Controlling and other Finance teams you will be responsible for accounting processes, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting as well taking part in new accounting projects and initiatives.
Your mission will include the following activities:
- Actively participate in month-end activities, that could include a focus of the following; Accounts Receivable and Cost of Sales or Group Internal Assets, Liabilities and Operational Expenses (accruals, prepayments, rental agreements, fixed assets etc).
- Collaborate with budgeting, controlling, tax and product teams to obtain understanding about transactions and calculate accurate accruals for the month-end.
- Manage and maintain high-quality documentation for all manual calculation processes and entries created.
- Engage in numerous improvement projects aimed to make accounting processes more reliable, efficient and automated.
- Participate in the external audit by replying to external auditors’ questions and information requests.
- Participate in the preparation of group-wise consolidated financial statements.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact – You will have an opportunity to contribute to building of scalable accounting processes and being at the roots of the new Budapest Finance hub.
- Own your own path to success – You’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business – Get to know many teams from finance and product as you partner with them to complete the month-end tasks and improvement projects. .
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about Finance, financial technology and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company.
- You have a University or college degree in accounting, finance or economics. Recognised national or international professional accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) is an advantage.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in accounting, financial controlling or audit. Strong understanding of the core accounting principles (advanced IFRS knowledge would be a benefit).
- You have participated in the month-end process, closed the books, calculated and posted journals.
- You’re accurate and pay attention to detail. You enjoy owning your work and taking charge on projects when needed. You are keen to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- You have advanced data processing skills (expert in Excel is a must, SQL would be an advantage), ability to understand complex spreadsheets and create efficient, reliable calculations with built-in controls, easy scaling and updating capabilities. Experience working with large volumes of data.
- You have good written and verbal English skills.
- (extra benefit) You have worked in a multinational environment across different cultures and countries.
- (extra benefit) You have worked in regulated environments, Fintech or Financial Services.
What do we offer:
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our Budapest office
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.