We’re looking for a Regulatory Product Compliance (Senior) Manager to join our growing Product Compliance team in Pacific and be part of our Product Compliance globally. This role is hands-on, a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a product and compliance manager, and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Your mission is to work with our product teams to launch new products and grow our presence in Australia and New Zealand through a deep understanding of the regulatory requirements and Regulators’ expectations around them.
This is a first line Product Compliance role, embedded in the Pacific Product Squad.
You, together with the team in Pacific, will be responsible for:
- Deeply understand regulatory needs, translate this into solutions and work together with the Product Teams to build compliant new products and services in a customer oriented way; perform regulatory analysis of new products and services, and that related controls are implemented consistently prior to launch.
Regulatory risk and remediation:
- By understanding both the Wise product deeply enough and the local regulatory expectations – support Product and operational teams on how to interpret regulatory requirements, improve processes and our product to avoid regulatory breaches and/or incidents;
- In collaboration with Risk and Compliance second line and Pacific Product Squad, identify and align on the main Pacific regulatory risks. Present this in a very clear and understandable way to the wider teams, to work with them on defining the solutions and how this should be executed.
Third Party Relationships:
- Represent Wise in external meetings (with for example regulators, NPP, AusPaynet, RBA), being able to clearly and effectively articulate all Wise Products (including Wise Platform, our payment infrastructure);
- provide input on regulatory related matters, always representing Wise customer-oriented culture while ensuring compliance.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Grow your hands-on Fintech knowledge at full speed;
- Build world-class products: The role is a unique opportunity to build state-of-the-art products that are compliant for our customers and regulators
- Work together with all our amazing teams globally
- Ability to prioritise effectively and call-out what are the key areas of improvement and implementation required from a regulatory point of view;
- Ability to effectively communicate with Product Managers and Engineers and provide practical, actionable, and value added recommendations;
- Problem solving attitude, with the ability to use regulation together with data to drive business decisions;
- A natural owner, that drives and delivers project from inception to completion, timely and with attention to the details;
- Previous financial regulation advisory role or experience in a compliance/legal department, risk and control function or in a consultancy environment in Australia. You have experience dealing with regulatory audits and understand the expectations of local regulators/policymakers;
- Expert in regulatory and fincrime compliance (or both) having a background in Financial Regulation and a thorough knowledge of regulations in Australia (and ideally also New Zealand);
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex regulatory frameworks and apply them effectively;
- Willingness to travel, as Wise offices are located across different countries; and
- Legally authorised to work in Australia
- 🚀 RSU’s in a rapidly growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 💻 Hybrid working model – a mix of working from home and from the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💝 Company-paid: Superannuation
- ☀️ 24 annual days, 15 sick days, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.