A bit about the role
We are looking to hire a Financial Controller to join our Regional Finance team!
You will assist in growing our finance capabilities to steer the organisation in the right direction ensuring compliance with accounting, regulatory and tax requirements. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of stakeholders as well as be an integral part of the international finance team.
As Wise continues to grow, we need to grow our finance capabilities to:
- Help pilot the rocket ship. Controller capabilities are essential to steer the ship in the right direction, ensuring we comply with accounting, regulatory and tax requirements.
- Work with Regional Controllers, Reporting & Tax teams to ensure financial compliance, including controlling local audits, outsource firms and financial regulatory relationships.
- Be the regional team’s (Expansion, Compliance, Product & People) main point of finance contact in ensuring that all new entities, products, legislation etc are understood and finance is prepared for all changes, ensuring the customer product is understood and optimised for growth.
- Work with finance teams (Finance Product team and Group Accounting team) to ensure systems, controls and processes are prepared for regional requirements, with clear definitions and change management.
- Review monthly and quarterly financials to ensure all accuracy of your entities.
A bit about you
- Experience in either financial controlling, financial audit, financial advisory or management accounting, good knowledge of IGAAP, IFRS and mature financial controls.
- Experience in aspects of tax compliance matters, such as corporate tax, TDS, GST, TP etc.
- Communicated with internal or external stakeholders on a regular basis, submitting reports, clarifying requirements etc
- You are a self starter and can organise your own work (you’ll get a lot of support but soon you’ll be the expert here)
- Experience in regulated environment, Fintech or Financial Services preferred
- You are accurate and detail oriented, great at finishing detailed jobs
- You can take responsibility and make decisions independently, great at organising your own work schedule with little or no guidance
- Able to communicate complex issues to all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Have an ability to move beyond Excel and dig into raw data
- You get finance and accounting terminology and have ability to understand importance of tax and regulatory rules & frameworks
- You have a strong understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Strong understanding of IGAAP and IFRS.
Type of person:
- You have a passion for what we’re building at Wise and you will work on any financial requirements
- You are keen to roll up sleeves and get the job done, we all do our own Excel still
- You are proactive and take the initiative to get things done
- You are humble, comfortable operating with a high level of uncertainty, can act independently, be decisive and take responsibility
- You are open to self-development, willing to gain experience, improve your skills and keen to learn new tricks
- You are detail oriented, with ability to deliver and communicate complex areas on time and succinctly
- You are able to work with multiple teams within and outside of finance as well as internationally on projects or ad hoc requests as required, with flexibility and a can do attitude.
- You feel passionate about implementing your skills and knowledge in creation and improvement of controls framework and internal processes.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.