We’re building a scalable, high performing platform for our 16 million customers. And we’re looking for Graduate Data Scientists to join us on our mission.
Wise is a global technology company, building the best way to move and manage the world’s money.
Whether you’re sending money to another country, spending money abroad, or making and receiving international business payments, Wise is on a mission to make your life easier and save you money.
Since it was founded in 2010, 5,000+ people work at Wise, from 125 nationalities, in 17 global locations. Check out how it’s like working here.
You’ll be part of Wise’s global mission to build an open, fair, and human financial system – to make money without borders the new norm. Because people without borders need money without borders.
How you’ll contribute to our Data Science team:
- Help take Wise to the next level as we scale to impact 100’s of millions more customers
- You will help analysing data that will help us prioritise the most customer significant changes in the product
- Participate in building the most advanced machine learning based solutions to help us scale
- You will have flexibility in how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different – so we’ll do our best to make it happen, but we recommend coming to the office as much as possible in your first months!
- Check out how it’s like to be a Graduate in the team
What does it take? These things are a must:
- You are graduating in 2023 or 2024 from a Bachelors or Masters degree. This might be in Computer Science (or any other STEM subject)
- You are able to start a full time graduate job in September 2024
- Knowledge of computer science and machine learning fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, data analysis, linear algebra and statistics
- Understanding principles of machine learning
- You should have a good command of Python 3 and SQLand be familiar with major data analysis and ML frameworks
- A self-started side project(s) that you are proud to talk about
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- You are open to and value feedback in order to improve
- Eligible to work in Estonia
And these would be great, but aren’t essential:
- Experience in training deep neural networks
- Experience in applying machine learning methods to real-world problems
- Familiarity with TensorFlow 2 and/or PyTorch
- Familiarity with AutoML frameworks
- Familiarity with Bayesian methods in machine learning
- Experience in applying causal inference and/or uplift modeling techniques
- Experience in web development, from a previous internship
…Don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
In your first 6 months:
- You’ll onboard with us and spend some time understanding your team and tribe’s vision. Once you know this, you’ll better understand how you can contribute
- Understand the Wise domain
- Understand the problems your team are solving
- Understand how data science works at Wise and what each team and tribe does. From Marketing, to Treasury and Fraud teams – there are lots! Don’t worry, we’ll help you get acquainted
- Understand the tech culture, the detail of the tech stack and how we build stuff. We work in autonomous teams, on different stacks so you’ll need to understand the details
- We’re big on planning. You’ll go through two quarterly plan cycles and get to propose your own ideas to take your product further
What you get back:
- Have a real impact. Solve real customer problems
- Lots of team activities
- Salary from €3,000 monthly with an RSU package
- Fun offices with social activities – have a sneak peak of our Tallinn office!
- Embrace global connection during Mission Days
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.