Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission — money without borders — instant, convenient, transparent, and eventually free. We’ve built a market-leading technology product that’s been used by over 10 million people to move money around the world without the rip-off fees charged by the banks. We’re disrupting the world of currency and international money transfer. We are growing rapidly around the world and need to make sure that we have the best setup to support that growth in every region. You will help to shape the future of Wise across the Group.
We’re looking for an Operational Risk Lead to join our fast growing, Group Risk Team. In this second line of defence role, you’ll give support to Wisers in rolling out and embedding core elements of the risk management framework, with a focus on operational risk and resilience. We need to make sure we’re identifying the right risks and growing in control, but we want to do so whilst continuing with our agile “test and learn” approach to launching products.
You will build and support the implementation and day-to-day management of the operational risk framework, provide guidance on events, support risk assessments and scenarios.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting our risk leadership team on key projects that have an impact across the business globally.
- Supporting the implementation and operation of our op risk management framework, including embedding of the risk and control self assessment process, risk incident and issues management, product and expansion governance, and more.
- Partnering with ‘first line’ teams across the business to help develop new products and features by embedding good risk practices and finding solutions to problems, identifying risks and recommending controls.
- Managing and following up on op risk events and issues that occur
- Conducting in-depth reviews of different areas of the business, their adoption and implementation of technology, and reporting on operational risk matters to oversight committees
- Reviewing and assessing changes to operational processes that impact on our company risk profile
- Promoting and helping embed a strong risk culture, making risk meaningful and relevant to everyone at Wise
- You have worked in financial services / banking / fintech sector. You have a keen interest and proven experience in payment services, and operational controls and reporting
- You are comfortable with data analysis and data-driven problem solving and solutionising
- You have broad experience across the operational risk spectrum including technology, security, third party, conduct, fraud.
- You have experience supporting risk assessments and/or operational risk event capture and analysis and finding new and innovative ways to do things.
- You’re resilient and comfortable working in a fast paced environment where the day to day job differs
- You are hands-on, a strong influencer, stakeholder manager, great at execution, and focussed on the detail
- You’re curious and collaborative – you’re great at asking incisive questions to pick things up and act on them quickly outcomes
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.