Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 16 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
We need a Support Technician to join our mission and help us build a global platform that’s scalable, reliable and secure. You’ll dive right into projects on local IT.
About the role
Our mission is to support everyone in Wise through ensuring we’re offering the best equipment, keeping it safe and running in peak condition.
You’ll be working in a smaller group but in a global team. Most of our work is done locally but we also give support to co-workers who are travelling or working from anywhere outside of the office.
How we work
We operate on a strong belief in automation, programmatic implementation, and reusable design. We’re looking for people who can step back and think holistically about the ecosystem, but also follow through and help implement the design; drawing on the resources across the rest of the platform tribe.
As the company grows, we have to follow suit. We need to sustain this growth by continuously iterating on the services we run, with a focus on availability, security, and ease of use. We’re looking for a technician with relevant experience who can analyse complex requirements and deliver simple solutions to help our teams achieve our mission with speed and confidence.
What will you be working on?
- Provide technical support for Wisers seeking assistance
- Manage procurement, assets and inventory
- Identify and suggest potential areas for improvement
- Be an encyclopaedia on Wise’s IT products and services
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware and software
- Educate users and colleagues with tools, tech & security in Wise
- Manage provisioning and deprovisioning of devices
- Assisting other teams in UT
- Participate in internal projects for continuous improvement initiatives
- Participate in recruitment
- Conduct training for team member on complex issues
What do you need?
- Experience providing IT support for Windows and/or Mac OS environments
- Understanding of Multiple Device Management tools, Preferably JAMF and Intune
- Have some knowledge about Network or AV
- Have experience in supporting the recruitment of IT support specialists
- You identify pain areas and run improvement initiatives until completion
- You are able to lead and deliver projects that have a company wide impact
- You enjoy helping people and solving problems by nature
- You are an assertive communicator
- You are flexible and keen to learn, and are responsible for your own development
- Great sense of humour and able to work under pressure
- Passionate about computing and user experience
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of the team as the situation requires
- Researching solutions and the latest technology is second nature to you
You get back:
- The ability to choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision
- The freedom to have real impact
- The opportunity to inspire teams
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- Find out more about our benefits in our Budapest office.
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- The Wise Tech Stack, 2022 Edition.
- Our Engineering career map
- Scaling our Infrastructure; how we make it work
- Wise Engineering – https://medium.com/wise-engineering
What do we offer:
- Starting salary: Ft780,000 – Ft1,050,000/ month
- RSU’s in a growing company
- Numerous great benefits in our Budapest office
If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.