Associate Controller for Mexico
A bit about the role
As Wise continues to grow, we need to grow our finance capabilities to:
- Help pilot the rocket ship. Controller capabilities are essential to steer the ship in the right direction, ensuring we comply with accounting, regulatory and tax requirements.
- Work with the Accounting team, Regional Controllers & Risk teams to help build compliant and accurate financial reporting automatically from the source systems with clear definitions and change management.
- Develop accounting scripts to our new products for the regions, bringing local expertise to Finance Team;
- Work with Finance teams to provide financial data during regulatory and financial audits;
- Help the Regional Finance team in performing day-to-day overview of legal entities, including analysing financial results and making sure necessary financial controls are performed;
- Work with finance teams to ensure financial systems, controls and processes are prepared for LatAM regional requirements.
A bit about you
- 5+ years professional experience with emphasis on accounting, overall financial statements analysis and regulatory reporting;
- Knowledge of local accounting standards and strong understanding of accounting principles.
- Proven experience with conciliations, depreciations, as well as, experience constructing financial controls, running accounting closings.
- Dealt with internal or external stakeholders on a regular basis, communicating reports, definitions, requirements etc.
- Experience with working in a financial services industry;
- Previous experience within Financial Institutions or having banking companies as clients.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Advanced financial reporting and analysis skills.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- You are accurate and detail oriented, great at finishing detailed jobs and meeting deadlines.
- You are a self-starter and can organise your own work.
- Able to communicate complex issues to all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Have an ability to move beyond Excel and dig into raw data.
- You get finance and accounting terminology and have the ability to understand the importance of tax and regulatory rules & frameworks.
Who are you?:
- You have a passion for what we’re building at Wise.
- You are keen to roll up sleeves and get the job done.
- You are humble, comfortable operating with a high level of uncertainty, can act independently, be decisive and take responsibility.
- You are open to self-development, willing to gain experience, improve your skills and keen to learn new tricks.
- You are detail oriented, with ability to deliver and communicate complex areas on time and succinctly.
- You are able to work with multiple teams within and outside of finance as well as internationally on projects or ad hoc requests as required, with flexibility and a can do attitude.
- You feel passionate about implementing your skills and knowledge in creation and improvement of controls framework and internal processes.
- 🚀 RSU’s in a rapidly growing company after a year with us
- 💻 Hybrid working model – A combination of work-from-home and from the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Health and dental allowance for you and your dependents
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, and an EAP program
- ☀️ Paid time off: 30 days vacation + 3 “Me” days + 1 volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us and child care assistance
- 🚌 Transportation vouchers
- 🍕 Meal (600 BRL per month) and food (968 BRL per month) vouchers
- 🏋️ (BRL): TotalPass access to 3,500 gyms and studios throughout Brazil
We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic. 💙
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We’re proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer’s needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it’s like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.