We’re looking for an Analyst Lead to join our growing Servicing Tribe across Tallinn, Estonia, Budapest, Hungary and London, UK. This role is a unique opportunity to move Wise’s mission forward, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Your mission as a lead is to grow a team of analysts, who would help enable our financial crime prevention teams (Fraud, AML, KYC or Verification) to scale globally and help drop our costs. You’ll also work extensively with our Operations leadership team, to help them as they manage, improve and scale our operations.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Servicing Platform Squad:
- Support and develop the analyst function within the tribe, lead a team of ~3 analysts
- Hiring and on-boarding new analysts to the tribe
- Mentoring and providing technical support to analysts
- Guide analyst work across the tribe; e.g. help junior analysts structure projects, define data structure cross team projects
Supporting the Squad
- Support and develop the reporting layer for the area
- You’ll partner with our Operations Leadership team to help them build and improve the quality and efficiency of their processes and their performance metrics
- Our analysts are embedded into the product teams of the tribe, to help project and measure the impact of our product changes, both for our customer self-service and internal tooling
- Work closely with the Data Science team to improve the quality of our data models
- Your team will help us understand our support teams’ efficiency, the effectiveness of our tooling and workflows, the accuracy of our forecasting and scheduling. You’ll also help the leads of our support team self-serve with data
- Do cost analysis and reconciliation
- You’ll oversee our contact data and share contact attribution along with actionable insights across the product teams, helping them engage with the data correctly and in turn reduce contact rates
- You’ll identify opportunities how to use our data and machine learning , in order to automate and optimise our processes and solutions
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – Build your team and inspire them to contribute to our mission
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- You have experience working across operational teams. You can lead operational analysis, support them with data, and drive operational change
- You have led and scaled a team of analysts
- You know your way around the infrastructure of analytics and have worked with cloud warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift), have knowledge of BI tools (e.g. Looker, Periscope, or Metabase) and/or visualisation tools (e.g. PowerBI or Tableau)
- You’re highly proficient with SQL, able to write structured and sustainable code and continue to develop and refine this skillset
- You have experience structuring basic research experiments (A/B testing)
- You can take complex, fuzzy problems and boil them down into concise and actionable insights
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in KYC/Fraud prevention domains is a plus
- You’re proficient with Python, able to automate complex processes and construct robust data pipelines.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Relocation support
- Generous parental leave
- Pension scheme
- Paid sabbatical
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart, curious people
We have a hybrid working model at Wise. Different teams will have different requirements depending on the team needs and your role. Find out more about hybrid working at Wise here.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Sign up for job alerts
If you don’t see a role for you right now, sign up to our email job alerts, and you’ll be the first to know when a role becomes available.
How we work
At Wise, we work differently and we’re proud of it. Here you’ll have bucket loads of freedom, responsibility and autonomy. In practise, this means working in autonomous teams. Working this way helps us move at speed and achieve our mission faster.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply. So we’re building a new one. We’ve come a long way, but we’re only just getting started.
Compensation and stock
At Wise, all our employees have a share in our mission and the responsibility to make our product a success. Our team’s priority is to ensure our compensation packages are competitive, fair and transparent. Stock is one of the ways we share the value of our growth and is a key part of our compensation package. But how does stock work? Find out 👇
There are many ways in which you can progress at Wise, but we’re all encouraged to drive our own development and to grab the right opportunities. What you can accomplish here isn’t set by your job title or your previous experience. Read more about it from our employees 👇
Yes, you’ll get the usual stuff like a laptop, holidays and a salary but we don’t just want to sell you a list of benefits. We’d like to explain a bit more about why we offer what we do. Read on to find out more.
Explore our London office
You can find Wise London in the heart of Shoreditch. Afraid of the bad weather? Don’t worry, we’ve got a sauna.